Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Marzocchi 66 Axle. Got one?
  • johnnyboy666
    Free Member

Hi all, just got a pair of ’07 Marzocchi 66s off ebay but they are missing the 20mm axle and one of the pinch bolts. I have looked around and it looks like it’s 33 quid for the axle. Before I order one has anyone got such an axle and or pinch bolt kicking around?

Oh and I believe there is some sort of air valve adapter for marzocchi forks that I need, anyone with experience of these?

Cheers!

John

Tracey

Think I have an air valve adapter in the garage. Also got a new axle in the same box but dont know if its from a 66 or a 36 and dont know how to tell. It has a screw end on one end and a hex nut hole on the other

edit. Think its from a 36

johnnyboy666
    Free Member

Do you fancy donating that adapter :D?
    After researching it seems the 20mm axle is specific to the 66 and 888 and diferent to all others bomber 20mms. In typical fashion the one I need seems more expensive than the rest!

chrishc777
    Free Member

My ’09 66 bombers had normal schrader valves

johnnyboy666
    Free Member

I think in either 08 or 09 they underwent a chassis change To 38mm stanchions and a different damper cartridge that didnt need this valve adapter.

chrishc777
    Free Member

ah yes mine had the 38mm monsters

trail_rat
    Free Member

I might have one on a donor set of forks im robbing damping from( bent steerer and cracked lowers)

Dont think its in the best of shape but would be easy to make workable.

Gimmie 10 minutes

johnnyboy666
    Free Member

Only measly 35mm stanchions on the ’06/’07 models. Bagged them for 100 squid to put on the 2nd bike. Sounds promising trail rat!

trail_rat
    Free Member

Right . Do have axel and bolts. All in good nick actually.

Drop me an email and ill send pics

Yours for postage. Ill never use em the rest of fork is totalled – bar the damping which is what i want 🙂

They are 04 888 lowers (on 66uppers – same lowers i think)

chrishc777
    Free Member

I now have 36s and don’t miss the massiveness, definetly don’t miss the extra kilo!

johnnyboy666
    Free Member

Trail rat YGM!

They are certainly weighty forks. I would have liked some Lyriks like I have on the other bike but as it’s the second bike my mission was cheap 150/160 so I think I will have done well. Hardtail was running a rigid carbon fork so there is going to be a rather large weight difference.

Tracey

If you mail me your details I will search out the air valve adapter and post it out to you

johnnyboy666
    Free Member

YGM Tracey, thanks!

zerocool

I’ve got a few 20mm axles from 07 66s lying around if you want one and I can send you a valve adapter as well if you like.

Tom KP

johnnyboy666
    Free Member

Cheers Tom but trail rat has already got one for me on the way.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Marzocchi 66 Axle. Got one?’ is closed to new replies.