Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Marzocchi 55 RC3 service guide, anyone have one?
  • _tom_
    Free Member

My 2009 55 RC3 is feeling pretty awful at the minute, think it needs a strip down, clean, new oil and seals etc as theres a bit of leakage around the compression adjuster. Cant seem to find a guide via google so wondering whether anyone here has a guide or knows where to get one? I’ve never done a fork before so I need an idiots guide haha. Can’t afford to just send it away to be sorted otherwise I would!

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

There’s an O ring in there that’ll need replacing. Crack em open and have a rummage.

_tom_
    Free Member

Cracking them open and having a rummage would be all well and good if I knew what I was meant to be doing!

The closest I’ve found is this guide for the 66, are they similar enough to use this as a guide? http://forums.mtbr.com/shocks-suspension/09-66-rc3-revealed-481435.html

And is an impact wrench absolutely necessary or is there a way it can be done without one?

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Tried using the search function? similar thread last week in which someone posted a step by step guide….

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/marzocchi-55-rc3-ti-servicing

_tom_
    Free Member

Yep, it’s not finding anything..

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

Maybe give windwave a call or zocchi’s tech people.. I spoke to someone there about the oil levels the last time we opened them up. Theyre happy to help.

You dont need an impact wrench.. Just a socket set.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Link to oil volumes in there too, will do mine this autumn though they still feel fantastic at the mo. Consensus is to remove the rings to prevent stiction as they dry out (advocated by Marz guys elsewhere on web I believe).

_tom_
    Free Member

Cheers, couldn’t find that thread for some reason. I’m not sure if the 2009s have the foam rings but stiction is the main problem I’m having.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

TBF the standard search seems a bit pants and misses more than it finds! Didnt know you meant 2009, but I dont think there was any massive change.

Looks like the ’09 doesnt have the foam ring

http://marzocchiworkshop.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/tuning-tip-oiling-foam-ring.html

_tom_
    Free Member

Well I lifted the seal covers and there is in fact a foam ring.. was bone dry. Ive cut them out and the forks are a bit smoother but still not perfect so I’ll probably take em apart and do an oil change etc at some point.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

did you get the dust covers up without damaging the lowers? Always been too paranoid about steel screwdriver digging into soft alloy to try it so always removed lowers when I’ve cleaned/serviced forks (not needed to to my RC3 at all yet as its not been ridden much!).

_tom_
    Free Member

Yeah I used a Stanley knife blade and they came up pretty easily. The forks are old and a bit scratched up anyway so I’m not fussed about a few more! Tbh I reckon I might just replace em with lyriks if the oil change doesn’t help much – always have good luck with RS stuff!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Marzocchi 55 RC3 service guide, anyone have one?’ is closed to new replies.