Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Marzocchi 55 RC3 Evo travel lowering
  • jontykint
    Free Member

Can these be lowered from 170mm to 160mm ?

orangefatlad
    Free Member

Nope, well that what I was told by wind wave.

tall_martin

Yes but it looks a faff.

I’ve got a set and have looked a lowering them. It looked a load of hassle so I just left them at 170mm. They are brilliant.

You can push them down and let air out of the air preload. This does lower the front by about 10mm on mine. Someone on here recommended it. I tried it and it was fine.

There is a thread about how to do it on mtbr but I can’t find it.

Try here

http://forums.mtbr.com/shocks-suspension/lowering-2012-marzocchi-55-rc3-evo-ti-fork-818468.html

http://forums.mtbr.com/shocks-suspension/oil-levels-lowered-marzocchi-55-rc3-ti-evo-818545.html

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Andy-R

tall_martin – Member

I’ve got a set and have looked a lowering them. It looked a load of hassle so I just left them at 170mm. They are brilliant.

You can push them down and let air out of the air preload. This does lower the front by about 10mm on mine.

That’s what I do with mine – it lets them ride a bit deeper into their travel, which, as I’m borderline for the stock spring being a little too heavy, does the job for me.
    I suppose I should try the light spring, but not at £179.

jontykint
    Free Member

Thanks guys really would love to have these forks but would my frame wouldn’t be warrantied with them on.
    Anyone had comparable rides with the recent coil 160/170mm lyriks?

Andy-R

Then get them but don’t tell anyone….

dbcooper
    Free Member

you can different springs for these? Where?

ferrit
    Free Member

Interesting. I could do with a firmer one. And a spring too! Ho ho ho. Where? TELL US!

Andy-R

dbcooper – Member
    you can different springs for these? Where?

You can get a softer one here .

I don’t think they make a firmer one.

Andy-R

jontykint – Member
    Thanks guys really would love to have these forks but would my frame wouldn’t be warrantied with them on.
    Anyone had comparable rides with the recent coil 160/170mm lyriks?

If you’re worried about warranty issues with 170mm ‘zokes then surely the same would apply for 170mm Lyriks?
    And like I said – who’ll know about that extra 10mm anyway – the Fork Travel Police are hardly going to drop in for a surprise check, are they?
    I doubt my Alpitude frame is “warrantied” for them either but I really couldn’t care less, I can’t see me breaking it and the forks are worth more than the frame anyway.

chakaping
    Free Member

Is your frame 160mm travel? If so don’t worry about it.

140mm? Maybe more dodgy.

al2000

Loco lowered my 44 RC3Ti’s by 10mm by putting a spacer under the negative spring. Pretty sure you can do the same thing with 55’s.

jontykint
    Free Member

Yea the frame is 160mm so not too much difference.
    Not that worried about the fork police, but an Alps trip could prove to be costly if I knacker the frame in.

The lyriks can be set to either 170 or 160mm straight from the box.

I will maybe get in touch with loco or something to check before pulling the trigger on the zokes

Andy-R

But what difference do you think 10mm is going to make to the likelihood of you knackering your frame? Non, that’s what.

And if it does break just say you had a set of 44’s on it. Who’ll ever know?

Dango
    Free Member

I had some and run them with no air pre-load, plush as

Now have 160mm pikes now which are similar and surprisingly good in comparison, always been a coil user before.

Crown to axle is more important to consider than travel for geometry

jontykint
    Free Member

It’s not the 10mm I’m worried about its my inevitable stupid line choices in the Alps that are gonna cause the problems!
    But then the marzocchi will help me out in that regard better than any other fork.

F it I’m getting them !

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Marzocchi 55 RC3 Evo travel lowering’ is closed to new replies.