Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Marzocchi 55 owners help please
  • hora
    Free Member

Just received 55 TST2’s back from Windwave- TST cartridge replaced. Carried out a basic pump/rebound adjust etc and locked out the TST2 lever- well its not locking out. Am I missing something here……or is it possible the replacement cartridge has failed BEFORE I have even put the forks on the bike?!!!

vinnyeh

Maybe phone windwave before posting might be an idea- just to see whether they tested it?

cynic-al
    Free Member

IT does sound rather like it’s not working…

DaveP

I will be checking mine when it DOES get back from windwave very carefully then!

wwaswas

it has got air in all the right places this time hasn’t it hora?

hora
    Free Member

it has got air in all the right places this time hasn’t it hora?

Rolls eyes….

Any idea on air assist/psi? These puppies are new to me. Was going to start at 20psi and drop down in increments (Im c210lb)

the_lecht_rocks

cracked lowers having compressed it whilst not fitted to the bike ??????

BigDummy
    Free Member

You have studied the manual presumably? I only ask because apparently a lot of people don’t… 😉

turnip
    Free Member

Im about to send back another set of forks, so far 5/6 marzocchi 08s on my demo bikes have broken. This one has broken for the second time and only lasted 2 rides with a pair of new carts….. yet to have one last more than 4 rides so far!

top quality junk in my opinion, so far its cost me £50 in postage to have them “fixed”

hora
    Free Member

Hi turnip how did they fail? The rebound works (left the forks stood upright to allow the oil to drain properly)…….and the lockout doesnt!

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i’m now going to jinx mine by saying my ’08 55 ATA2’s have been fine so far (from october-ish)…

hora
    Free Member

err….xherbivorex, next time you go into the garden shed they will have exploded/imploded….everywhere.. 😮

xherbivorex
    Free Member

crikey.
    lucky for me i don’t have a garden shed then!

phinbob

You want some ’04 MX Pros.

I changed the oil a couple of years back, I think…..

turnip
    Free Member

all have lost travel and bounce around on the bump stops. if you put the lockout on then it slowly creeps down the travel till you are running lowrider rigids. The second time it broke was on the flat road

if you get off the forks then dont extend. And they stick like a bugger while they work

Surfr
    Free Member

*waves at xherbivorex* are you still reading your for sale adverts?

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i wasn’t, but i did and i just replied! apologies for slackness!

binners

Oh look. YET ANOTHER set of forks for Hora to moan about. They never work properly do they mate? 😛

What have you done with your last ones? What arethey in fact? I lose track. Whatever they are, if they’re under 120mm rtavel can I have them for my hardtail please? I’ll geve you twenty quid for ’em

hora
    Free Member

Still got those I sold you o evil binners?

binners

I have mate. And a stirling job they’re doing too of supporting my considerable bulk.

Seriously: if you’re flogging the last ones, I’m looking for some for the Voodoo

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Marzocchi 55 owners help please’ is closed to new replies.