Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Marzocchi 55 CR – Tuning ideas???
  • st

Got a few rides into my new 55CRs (lowered to 150mm with the internal spacer).

I’m in the process of tweaking the air pressure to get them firm enough with a few extra / less clicks on the compression dial but they do still seem a bit divey once they start moving after the initial force required to get through the resistance of the slighty higher than I would prefer air pressure.

As there seems to be no other damping twiddlies I’m guessing that the only other option might be to increase the oil weight?

Any ides / experiences?

theendisnigh
    Free Member

Someone told me that using 10wt oil made them less ‘boingy’, his words not mine!

Was the swap of the internal spacer easy? I need to do it on mine.

st

I figured increased oil viscocity would help steady them up. They come with 7.5wt I think so I giess I’d go for at least 15wt to try to make a difference.

Had the spacer change done at the shop, didn’t fancy it!!

theendisnigh
    Free Member

I imagine going to 15wt would be too much unless you are 20 stone or something. Thats just my gut feeling. I was actually thinking of trying 5wt, as I’m only 10 stone, but I’ve definitely had second thoughts after reading you want to use 15 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Marzocchi 55 CR – Tuning ideas???’ is closed to new replies.