Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Marzocchi 55 ATA2 160mm – Air Fork 2008 folly or value?
  • vondally
    Free Member

Hello seen these on wiggle and at £187.00 are they folly or value.
    Cheaper than second hand but what are they like?

ianv
    Free Member

Avoid 2008 marzocchi air forks like the plague.

I am a massive marzocchi fan but they did themselves no favours that year. I had a pair of allmountain sl that eventually went in the bin, they had all sorts of issues.

Deveron53
    Free Member

I say buy ’em, ride ’em hard and let Wiggle fix them under warranty if they go pop.

This one is a bit more reliable, Marz air forks need a fiddly air adapter as well so coils are best:
    160mm coil 55 and even cheaper!

vondally
    Free Member

really need air as it is for female, do not want the hassle of springs, unless they sort that out in the shop

vondally
    Free Member

bounce for evening brigade

seanodav
    Free Member

I bought some 2009 55 rc3, they failed and i now have some 55 rc3 ti’s because of it.
    BUT it took ages to sort out, luckily i had a spare fork.

No idea about fork in question but my guess is it will fail.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

do the marzocchis on wiggle come with warranty as they are oem?

seanodav
    Free Member

Mine did from merlin!

jimjam
    Free Member

I had some oem 2008 55’s. Cant remember the specific model, air of some sort. Bushing play after two weeks. Absolutely impossible to set up anyway worth a damn. Total mickey mouse maxle and a horribly flexy piece of sh*t into the bargain. Was binned for a lyrik very quickly. Friends experiences mirrored mine.

If you have a spare fork you could run them to failure/warranty replacement a few times in the hope of a newer model but that would do my nut.

vondally
    Free Member

was looking for a set of forks for t’other childs/grown up bike for her trip to france this year…….so guessing not these eh?!

rob-jackson
    Free Member

buy em now,break them, get em replaced before france 😉

lucien

2 rides in and broke the TST valve thingywotsit, chucked ’em in and got some 36 Van R’s – never looked back.

angryratio
    Free Member

That amount of money would get some pikes from ebay/classifieds.

I just find windwave a pain in the arse to deal with.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Marzocchi 55 ATA2 160mm – Air Fork 2008 folly or value?’ is closed to new replies.