Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Marzocchi 55 ATA owners?
  • Blower
    Free Member

Anyone own these 2008?

nowt but trouble with them,new internals put it,but after the alps the lockouts **** and tapping sound when compressed,plus no full travel and feel poor.

any cures,as in should i send them to tftuned,can you convert to coil?

cheers.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

I imagine you probably can convert them and that you definitely should. You might find your’e priced out of the market though as the RC cartridge you’ll need is probably expensive. I looked at upgrading my 170mm 888s to 200mm, but it needed replacement cartridges, which would have been about £200.

Blower
    Free Member

Theyve had about 10 rides and alps for a week and thats it,so in mint condition,.

not worth converting to coil then if the cartridges are that much 😕

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Best thing to do is to look at the manuals and see if there are any stumbling blocks to just unbolting one set of internals and bolting in the other. I think you’ll find that you only need one cartridge, and the price may not be inline with the two I need for the 888s. You’ll then need the coil, probably £40.

If it’s warrantied, get it repaired, sell it and buy the fork you want I reckon.

Blower
    Free Member

Cheers for advice.
    ive no manuals got the forks off my mate,
    you saying i should have a go myself on converting to coil?

oldfart

i’ve got a pair of 2008 xc 600s windwave did the coil conversion for me under warranty .they actually work now 😀 though travel has been reduced slightly 👿

Blower
    Free Member

hmm wont be under warranty now though,2 years i think

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

I’m saying if you go on the Marzocchi website or google you can get the manuals and then work out a) if it’s feasible and b) what you need to buy to do it. Then you can work out if you can afford it or if it’s worth it etc.

Sounds like they are convert able though.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Marzocchi 55 ATA owners?’ is closed to new replies.