Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Marzocchi 15mm QR axle question…
  • PolisherMan

Just had to buy a new axle to replace a lost one, for a set of 44 micros ti’s.

As far as I remember the old one had adjustment to tighten/slacken the camming action of the lever via allen key. Just like the maxle on the back of the bike.

Am I imagining this? Cos the new one doesn’t have any micro adjustment at all. The result being that when I’ve screwed the axle up tight, I then flip over the lever which is so loose that there’s hardly any tension at all.

I’m a bit confussed about this, it’s been months since I’ve ridden this bike due to it being nicked/recovered. i’m 98ish percent certain that I could tension the old axle. Windwave weren’t very helpful when I rang them……..

superfli
    Free Member

Interested in this as I’ve just got some 44s and mine does the same – not sure how to tighten it. It also came loose on the only ride its been.

PolisherMan

My old lever was super tight, I’m sure it was adjustable… Have they changed the design possibly?

PolisherMan

Bump

superfli
    Free Member

I cant see a grub screw inside the QR joint? Looked at the manual online and it doesnt suggest anything other than tightening up (shouldnt use lever to torque it up BTW) and clamping closed.

pondy
    Free Member

Should be a small grub screw in the qr knuckle, silver part the lever pivots on, and an 5mm bolt inside the axle

superfli
    Free Member

Found it now, just need a long 5mm allen

PolisherMan

cheers all. It worked! Why couldn’t Windwave just tell me!! Aaargh.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Marzocchi 15mm QR axle question…’ is closed to new replies.