Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Marz' MX Comp travel question ?
  • takisawa2

04′ MX Comps (air sprung), 105mm travel versions.
    Can the travel be increased to 120mm ?

I know they are old hat nowadays, but these have only ever seen a couple of rides.

simonlovell999
    Free Member

Yeah I think they can be increased to 120mm, there is this manual for 06. it might be the same

http://www.wheresweyland.com/images/2006_marzocchi_service_manuals/2006-mx-comp.pdf

cookeaa

Internal Spacer change I believe….

I have some 03s set to 90mm I think, they need an oil change and fiddle, I may look at it when I next have them apart…

takisawa2

Well what d’ya know…
    Good ol’ STW.
    🙂

jonb
    Free Member

I may have the manual for the 04 versions on another PC. It’s available if you google, if not and you want it drop me an email (bayley.jon @ gmail .com) and I’ll see if I can find it.

Olly
    Free Member

Oh dear.

my 456 with MXcomps at 105mm, that ive just retired, just came out of retirement.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Did the same for my mmmbop….what a shame they just underclocked these reliable little forks

imp999
    Free Member

Sorry for the hijack but any tips on changing the press-in bushes & seals on thes forks as Mrs imp’s need doing?

Ta.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

They’re not press in, they’re slide in pre ’04 IIRC, just take the seals out, pull the bushing out with your fingers (its a long thin walled tube coated in teflon, with a slot in it and a lip at the top), slide the new ones in in the same way, pop new seals in, put it all back together and jobs done, its only 2 min more work than just doing the seals on the older forks and no tools needed.

Olly
    Free Member

just done it to my 2005, air-on-both-sides MXCs.

Fork apart, swear at circlip, shout at circlip*, win vs circlip, remove spacers, chuck back together, replace oil, pump up, jobs a goodun.

Piece of pee.

Ill get some photos up soon, just need to wash the oil off the living-room first.

*if the bicycle was mans greatest achievement, the circlip, was certainly his darkest day

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Marz' MX Comp travel question ?’ is closed to new replies.