Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Marz 66R's service question(s)
  • Curly68
    Free Member

I replaced the fork seals in my Marzocchi 66 R's yesterday. Looked on the Marzocchi site to find what oil and height etc. It says 220ml of 7.5wt,
    Now I take it that I fill and bleed the cartridge first then add the 220ml? When I drained the fork, the left leg had almost zilch oil in! Is this correct? The Marz site said 220ml each leg then add the air.
    I prefer oil heights. If you have anymore info or a manual I can download/borrow, that would help me out a lot please!

AndyPaice
    Free Member

Are they 2005 models?

I've serviced plenty of 2005 66rc and the oil volume is assuming that the damping cartridge in each leg is empty (open bath system so same oil does damping and lubrication).

To empty the cartridge just cycle/pump it until oil stops coming out of the little ports.

Curly68
    Free Member

They are indeed 2005 but just have the rebound on the top right fork leg. So I don't need to bleed the cartridge then, just put the 200ml in the leg? And what about the left leg?

AndyPaice
    Free Member

Does it just have a spring in the non damping leg? I guess the recommended oil volume only in that leg then.

For the damping leg was there a silver aluminium cartridge in there that the spring sat on top of? That would be the rebou d cartridge. The rc model had compressionin one leg and rebound in the other. So I guess yours just have the rebound cartridge. If you can't be arsed to empty the cart, just put about 180ml oil in that leg rather than the 220ml.

I used to use 180 to 190ml rather than 220 anyway as it made the fork a bit more linear

Curly68
    Free Member

Yeah, the left leg just has the spring and schrader valve on top. The right leg has cartridge and spring and needs an adaptor to put the air into the leg.

AndyPaice
    Free Member

I'd go with about 180ml in the rebound leg (assuming you've not emptied the cartrige) and maybe the recommended 220ml in the spring only leg.

If you want the fork to go through the travel easier then less oil, if you want the fork to be more progressive then add oil in 10ml increments until it fells good

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Marz 66R's service question(s)’ is closed to new replies.