Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Marz 55 TST2 issues – advice wanted
  • ben306
    Free Member

Anyone any good with forks?

Having issues with my Marzocchi 55 TST2 Airs. Lock outs stopped working, not really an issue but now bothers me if its the start of something to come. Windwave have just suggested to change the cartridge but I run the risk of it failing again. Everything else works fine (from what I can gather, rebound adjust and compression as normal but I’d have to double check) so not sure if I just run these to the ground and keep a look out for some RS Lyrik/Totems or similar 160-180mm travel forks. Seen the older air models going for the 400-500 quid range new which I might be able to stretch to.

Or a few hundred quid in getting my 55s sorted and hope they stay good for my trip to morzine in July.

Dunno what to do.

Any suggestions/info much appreciated

bigsam
    Free Member

I had the same problem as you with my set. The tst2 cartridge is a bit of a turd tbh, the first time it happened they went back to windwave and got a replacement cartridge, the second time I thought sod it and cracked them open and did the shim stack modification here: http://forums.mtbr.com/shocks-suspension/marzocchi-55-tst2-conversion-shim-damping-step-step-410874.html I got the shims from Loco for about 6 quid and now the forks are much improved, so I would recommend this if you don’t mind invalidating your warranty (mine were cheep so I didn’t!)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Marz 55 TST2 issues – advice wanted’ is closed to new replies.