Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Marz 55
  • RudiBoy
    Free Member

So it seemed that the forums a full of talk about how these were as temperamental as a women with PMT.

But does any one know if the problems in the forks got sorted after a service/ recall??

If not what model do I need to avoid.

cheers

higgo
    Free Member

My 55 ATA2s have been been back twice.

1) never quite got full travel out of them from new. Over a weekend in Morzine they went from not quite getting the last inch to not getting three inches. Even without air in them they just came to a dead stop. Then the travel started winding down while riding. So I’d end up down to 120mm of stanchion of which 80mm of travel wasn’t getting used. Effectively they were the very stiff, very long 63mm forks!

2) worked fine for a while. At the end of a ride nipped into a pub for a pint, came out to find about 2cm of stanchion showing.

They’ve been fixed again but it’s too early to say wherther they’re ‘fixed for now’ or ‘fixed for good’.

Damn good forks when they work.

RudiBoy
    Free Member

Cheers Higgo

It was the ATA2’s that I was looking at.

The pair I tried worked well, however as I will be getting them secondhand.

singlespeedstu

I had a 55ATA.

All kinds of problems with them.

Play in the bushes, travel wind down, a very loud knocking and about 20mm of travel at the top that didn’t do anything and couldn’t even support its own weight.

They went back twice and were no better when they came back.

I got a full refund in the end.

fu_manchu
    Free Member

55ATA2, died after 40 days (aprox 10 rides). Have had the ATA unit swapped out (last week), but I don’t believe a redesign so expect it to fail again :(. They are nice forks, but honestly I would avoid

Fu

RudiBoy
    Free Member

Cheers for the advice all.

I might go looking for some rockshocks insted.

If any one does have a happy story though please share.

RudiBoy
    Free Member

Any one with recomendations of similar alternatives…Pikes are a little on the short side??

hora
    Free Member

Give windwave a call. Arent they putting new and improved cartridges into the knackered ones? If they are then they fixed ones should be brilliant?

higgo
    Free Member

My 2nd fix was to put 2009 cartridges in them.

I’ve only ridden that bike a couple of times since though so too early to tell.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Marz 55’ is closed to new replies.