Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Mary Townley on a cx bike
  • justridemtb
    Free Member

Getting a genesis croix de fers in may through bike2work scheme and thinking of doing above on it in June. Anyone done it

antigee

was thinking about that yesterday – here’a a link from last year – consensus seems to be yes but the guy that posted the original never told us how he got on – maybe hands still too shakey to type

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/mary-townley-loop-on-cx-bike

MrSparkle

Mate of mine did it a few years ago. Reckons it’s far harder than doing the 3 Peaks. Having done both the 3 Peaks and the MTL several times I can imagine that he’s right! Do-able though. Steady away and all that.

wwaswas

you’ll need to change your username as well, hth.

antigee

Do-able though

as in not an easy option?

from what i can see from pics is there are a few rougher sections which would be hard work on a cx – i guess its how many of these are there to make it worth a lower average speed on the track stuff on an mtb

stumpyjon

2 miles of cobbles on Rooley Moor Road, Gorple stones descent, pack horse trail across the valley from Summit……

MrSparkle

It’ll be reet. You’ll just know about it after!

mocha
    Free Member

yep, did it a couple of times last year in the run up to the 3 Peaks – fab day out, bit achey afterwards though, gears would’ve probably helped ;o)

justridemtb
    Free Member

Thanks. Choice would be cx or 15 year old P7 with pace, very short travel forks. Thought of a long ride on a new bike might be too tempting

Clover

We did half of it on CX bikes (the Walsden, Watergrove reservoir, Rooley Moor Road onwards past the windmills) until carbon cranks stopped play with a naughty snappage. Have done most of the the Widdop side on other occasions and that bit is particularly ace and fast on a CX.

So big yes – depends on the conditions whether it’s faster on a CX. They do love the cobbles of Rooley Moor Road.

[/url]
    Mary Towneley Loop by BeateKubitz, on Flickr[/img]

[/url]
    Mary Towneley Loop by BeateKubitz, on Flickr[/img]

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Mary Townley on a cx bike’ is closed to new replies.