• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by tlr.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Mary Towneley loop next weekend
  • daleman
    Free Member

Have put my name down for the Pendal mountain rescue charity Mary Townley loop on the 16 September, since signing up earlier in the year when i was doing loads of riding, not really been out much of late. How hard is it to do in a day , also i guess the going will be very wet and boggy. What i’m trying to say is shall i man up or chicken out.You decide?.

bikebob

you know the answer but just want someone to confirm your thoughts.
    its a long, very long ride, not really complex but it goes on a bit. all the same its a great days ride and you will be well knackered at the end. if its wet (pretty much guaranteed) it feels 50% longer, joy!!
    so there you go, sounds like a lot of hard work and takes all day. you can mouse out and let others do their bit for charity while you sit at home and regret not even trying.

On the other hand, there are others on here doing it, cause theyve not wimped out. Check the posts meet up with others, get out and ride and enjoy. when you stop enjoying pedal harder to finsh quicker.
    Good luck

dawson

I’m doing it – first time for me

what sort of mileage have you been doing recently?

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Anyone out there do the MTL yesterday?

tlr

A few from here did it; http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/mtl-challenge-today-anybody-else-do-it

Wetter than I expected to be honest, and turned pretty damp later on.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Mary Towneley loop next weekend’ is closed to new replies.