• This topic has 87 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by dazh.
Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • Mary Towneley Loop – Lap times for the averagely fit?
  • gaze
    Free Member

I’ll be out for this one .

Junkyard
    Free Member

Its either a sociable pace or DONK drops us all on the first climb and we never see him again.
    I am aiming to finish it and nothing more. Given temps etc it makes sense to ride together as it will be cold standing around
    As for spares probably an idea to work some out between us ie tyres, mech etc rather than all having a multi tool each

This assumes we all ride 26 ers mind. I can bring a spare mech shifter and Cable for 9 speed set up.

dazh

tyres, mech etc

Blimey, never even considered carrying stuff like that. Tubes, Gaffer tape, cable ties, and spare mech hanger is about it for any ride, long or short. I might include some chainring bolts on this one though and throw a couple more tools in.

It’s not that remote. The most out of the way bit up near Widdop is still within walking distance from Hebden/Tod.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Been on ruined rides due to failures of tyres and mechs.
    I accept its unlikely but it makes more sense to carry random spares each than us all have a pump and multi tool each.

D0NK

So are we on weatherwatch now? People still interested?
    Weather forecast currently not great 🙁 could all change tho.
    Ashamed to say that if it’s wazzing it down I shall almost definitely not be riding.

dazh

Bollox forgot to say I can’t do it any more. I’m taking someone’s place at Bristol bikefest the day after so probably not the best idea to do the MTL the night before. If it’s re-arragned for a later date with kinder weather I’ll be up for it.

D0NK

Kids have kindly shared their stomach bug with me so not looking good for me.

Already got plans for next weekend too.

dazh

Shall we find a new date later in the summer, sometime in August perhaps? Or there’s always the official challenge on the 6th September.

Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘Mary Towneley Loop – Lap times for the averagely fit?’ is closed to new replies.