• This topic has 28 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by tthew.
Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Mary Anne Hobbs
  • tthew

Why does she persist with Nils Pharm (prob spelt wrong, soz) Complete toss.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I love her…

Merak

*breathy sigh*
    let me take you on a musical journey
    *breathy sigh*

The hatred I feel towards her is equaled only by the vitriol I hold for Edith Bowman.

ourmaninthenorth

Because Nils Frahm is excellent.

Don’t worry, David Bowie and the Foo Fighters will be on heavy rotation later as the 6Music dad rock playlist kicks in.

Sandwich

Nils Frahm is ok. “A bit New Agey” according to Mrs S.

“In the year of” can drive me to murderous rage on a bad morning though. Wordy pomposity, no need.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

I too love her, though Im not particularly keen on music of any kind.

shermer75
    Free Member

When we reach the end of days and the hordes of Lucifer spill their many tentacled judgement throughout the land, the doomed population will howl in pain and lift their terrified heads to look to the blooded sky where they’ll see three words written in fire, informing them of the author of their imminent eternal punishment: “MARY ANNE HOBBS”

nickc

comes over as a queen of the broadcast media in comparison to Katie Pucrick

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Nils Frahm stuff is ace.

Do you just listen to her so that you can moan on here?.

M6TTF
    Free Member

*breathy sigh*
    *breathy sigh*
    The hatred I feel towards her is equaled only by the vitriol I hold for Edith Bowman.

This.

And “let’s take a ride on the audio highway, for some magical moments..”

Add Cerys to the list too

bones
    Free Member

She’s a bit wishy-washy like. I like bowman and puckrik. Only one I’m not keen on is keaveny. Though i could do without Rad & Mac sucking saliva through their teeth 😕
    Cerys’ show is great!

M6TTF
    Free Member

Keaveny is the new moyles – 6 is nowhere near as good as it used to be, but I still haven’t found anything better?

Northwind

It’s one of her things- pick some dreadful piece of music, pretend it’s good, see if you can fool anyone. While she was killing the rock show, she played Furnaceface every week for months as a social experiment to see if anyone else could be convinced. Radio 1 ended up cancelling the entire show as a matter of public health

lodious
    Free Member

MAH’s voice makes me want to vomit. That said, she does play a lot of music I like. Katie Puckrik is just plain brilliant….I love her. Cerys plays some fantastic music and has a genuine passion for it.

Liz Kershaw however….I can’t find a single redeeming feature. Her voice is horrid, she plays a constant stream of indie landfill and she sounds like a sycophantic halfwit when she’s interviewing.

CountZero

*breathy sigh*
    *breathy sigh*

When we reach the end of days and the hordes of Lucifer spill their many tentacled judgement throughout the land, the doomed population will howl in pain and lift their terrified heads to look to the blooded sky where they’ll see three words written in fire, informing them of the author of their imminent eternal punishment: “MARY ANNE HOBBS”

Christ, what extraordinarily sad little men you are! The world is full of the most incredibly evil despotic monsters, destroying the lives of millions of people, and all you can find to direct your vitriol at is one inoffensive female radio presenter.
    You really do have a lot of growing up to do.
    Pathetic, really pathetic. 🙄

MSP

CountZero +1

FFS history’s most evil monster Tim Westwood still lives and deserves every ounce of your hatred, every second of your waking moments should be dedicated to finding slow and painful ways to end his horrific existence.

ART

She plays good music, Nils Frahm is great … Edith Bowman however, is another matter altogether … 👿

eddiebaby
    Free Member

LaLa still rules. All others fail in comparison.

lodious
    Free Member

To be fair CZ, Kim Jong Un’s series on the history of drum and bass was pretty good. He overstated the influence of LTJ Bukem, but otherwise a solid retrospective of the genre.

Merak

It’s just for fun CountZero, (thought you might have realised?)

Internet isn’t it. We’re just joshing, come join us.

You silly sausage.

jaaaaaaaaaam
    Free Member

nickc – Member
    comes over as a queen of the broadcast media in comparison to Katie Pucrick

I thought she was great today.

Gotta say it blows my mind that everyone doesn’t agree with my exceptionally fine taste in all things

Jamz
    Free Member

Mary Anne Hobbs is a one of the golden ones! It was her that helped deliver the baby dubstep into this world and for that she will have my everlasting respect.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sj5p5hpfTM&spfreload=10[/video]

senorj

If she upsets you, don’t listen.go back to tepid FM.
    I know her to be a lovely ,100% genuine person.
    It must be brilliant being perfect.
    I really like the Nihls Frahm stuff .so there. 🙂

tthew

Just come back to this as MotD is finishing. Seems like there’s not much on here that causes such a massive division of feeling about 6music, their DJ’s and music!

Which is on balance a good thing. Choice and stuff. I like Katie Puckrik. Mary Anne is OK mostly, just don’t like the Nihls gushing. However Gilles Peterson – horrific. 😀

spursn17
    Free Member

Katie Puckrik is just plain brilliant….I love her. Cerys plays some fantastic music and has a genuine passion for it.

This^^

I like the way 6 divides opinion, shows it’s hitting the spot as everyone likes something different.

LaLa is in a different league though (and the Kenickie album is still one of my favs!).

Pook

Keaveny.

Someone take his TV themes CD away please. And his microphone.

DezB
    Free Member

Hobbs is a one of the golden ones! It was her that helped deliver the baby dubstep into this world and for that she will have my everlasting respect.

I would’ve said the same a few years back, until she left radio1 and revealed herself as just another whore DJ

Xylene
    Free Member

Is she the one who Mick Jagger stuck a Mars in her snatch?

tthew

😆 no, that would be Marie Anne Faithful.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Mary Anne Hobbs’ is closed to new replies.