• This topic has 105 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by MSP.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 106 total)
  • Marvel's Punisher Trailer
  • Jamie
    Free Member

Play loudly through a big telly and monstrous speakers…possibly while cooking/using meth.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIY6zFL95hE[/video]

jimjam
    Free Member

Jamie – Member

Play loudly through a big telly and monstrous speakers…possibly while cooking/using meth.

So it’s Rick Roll and/or orgasming woman? Added to my watch later anyway thanks.

molgrips
    Free Member

Those Marvel shows are the best. TV. Ever.

soundninjauk

This is excellent news.

Jamie
    Free Member

Rumour is it’s going to be released 10th Nov, as that’s the Marine Corp’s birthday.

beej

I’m not sure if the use of One is very well done, or very badly done. Doesn’t quite work for me, but I like the idea.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

nice

Not sure what it is about “revengeful” stuff I like, but it worries me

jimjam
    Free Member

molgrips – Member

Except Iron Fist. Iron Fist was tripe.

ocrider

Deliciously cheesy tripe! 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

Do you mean than thing with Danny Rand, the Immortal Iron Fist, Protector of Kun-Lun, Sworn Enemy of the Hand in? That was the best show about someone telling everyone his parent’s died in a plane crash I’ve seen. Raised by monks he was, but the monks must have been bratty American teens given the wisdom they imparted on him.

jimjam
    Free Member

No I think you mean Batman. Or Green Arrow. Or Blind Fury. Or some amalgam of all of them.

ocrider

Could be worse, could be Arrow (although it’s not far off the mark)
    Edit : what jimjam said

funkmasterp

Hope it’s as good as Dare Devil. Love the way that series is shot. The hallway, biker gang beat down is a brilliant piece of choreography and camera work. Iron Fist was like Dawson’s Creek but with more glowing hand

One batch, two batch.

MSP

All of the netflix marvel tv shows looked like they would be great watching the first episode, but I was bored of them all by the fifth episode, apart from iron fist I didn’t even make it to the end of episode 1 of that steaming pile of yak dung.

colournoise

Really looking forward to this, because…

molgrips – Member

However…

jimjam – Member
    Except Iron Fist. Iron Fist was tripe.

Wouldn’t know. Reviews were so iffy I gave it a complete miss (only Netflix Marvel I haven’t lapped up). Having said that, I though the character worked OK in the Defenders with the others as a foil to his brattishness.

Odds on Matt Murdoch pitching up in Punisher? And then Frank Castle joining (or at least hanging out with at some point) the Defenders in season 2?

funkmasterp

apart from iron fist I didn’t even make it to the end of episode 1 of that steaming pile of yak dung.

So you never found out that he was the immortal iron fist, protector of Kun Lun, sworn enemy of The Hand and that his parents died in a plane crash?

Jamie
    Free Member

re: Defenders 2.

I would swap Mr Castle for Fanny Bland in a heart beat.

So you never found out that he was the immortal iron fist, protector of Kun Lun, sworn enemy of The Hand and that his parents died in a plane crash?

So that’s who Danny Rand was! I wish he’d mentioned it at some point.

Northwind

So what I’m taking away from this is that Metallica will be playing at all times through the show and that some people will die because they were waiting for the next suitable riff before they shoot.

funkmasterp – Member

Hope it’s as good as Dare Devil. Love the way that series is shot. The hallway, biker gang beat down is a brilliant piece of choreography and camera work.

What I really liked about that, is that the reason so much of it is in corridors is that it’s cheaper to film. But it never feels cheap.

funkmasterp

It’s almost like a TV series of The Raid

YoKaiser
    Free Member

I’m not sure if the use of One is very well done, or very badly done.

I thought it was excellent! Really looking forward to this one.

Re iron fist, not the best but worked in well the defenders. Also only just realised the other day that iron fist is Loras Tyrell and Colleen is a sand snake!

funkmasterp

Re iron fist, not the best but worked in well the defenders. Also only just realised the other day that iron fist is Loras Tyrell and Colleen is a sand snake!

Did you like the fact that Danny Rand is the immortal iron fist, defender of Kun Lun and sworn enemy of The Hand?

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Did you like the fact that Danny Rand is the immortal iron fist, defender of Kun Lun and sworn enemy of The Hand?

When did this happen?

Jamie
    Free Member

defender of Kun Lun

Well….about that.

molgrips
    Free Member

Iron fist. Yes he’s a pillock, and rather useless, but that’s the point of the show. A poor hero. Show is about idealism. And if you were an all-American kid brought up by magical monks with zero real life experience you’d probably end up sounding the same I reckon. Old enough when you went in to know about cheesy American hero stereotypes but not old enough to be cynical – then taught martial arts to a high standard and instructed to protect the magic city.

Pretty realistic given that, I reckon.

bigdean

#cat from red dwarf# “so who is he?”

Coyote
    Free Member

Loved Frank Castle in Dare Devil but looking at the trailer above have they changed what happened to his family? I don’t remember them being killed in the family home. <puts on Punisher gym top in anticipation!!!> #giddy

prettygreenparrot

As long as it’s better than ‘Defenders’. Highly anticipated, mostly mediocre.

colournoise

colournoise – Member
    Odds on Matt Murdoch pitching up in Punisher?

Thought about this, and I was talking nonsense! If we’re going to get ‘Born Again’ for Daredevil season 3 as it seems, then unless they start playing timeline games Matt Murdoch will spend most of Punisher not remembering who he is…

colournoise

Coyote – Member
    Loved Frank Castle in Dare Devil but looking at the trailer above have they changed what happened to his family? I don’t remember them being killed in the family home

They’re at the fairground at the start of the trailer. Assume the wife shooting in the home is his nightmare version of events?

molgrips
    Free Member

I want to know if Madame Gao is still alive.

TheFlyingOx

I’ll watch this series with interest, but this:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWpK0wsnitc[/video]

is The Punisher I wanted more of.

colournoise

My guess is yes.

My question is who pulled Matt from under the building? Gao? Elektra?

molgrips
    Free Member

Well we never saw where that tunnel went – I reckon there was a back entrance he got out of himself, or with the help of Elektra.

I think they’re all alive anyway. The rules are if you don’t see a body, they ain’t dead.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I thought Jessica Jones was the best of the Netflix/Marvel ones. Great character.

Luke Cage was pretty good – I liked the tie in with Harlem and the music etc.

Daredevil was pretty good, though characters were like annoying puppies.

Skipped Iron Fist.

Watched the first half of Episode 1 of the Defenders and gave up cos it seemed right up its own arse.

This Punisher one looks good (and that Dirty Laundry short is brilliant)

Not that anyone cares what I think, so carry on

molgrips
    Free Member

I loved them all.

Iron Fist was less awesome but I still loved it. I liked Defenders, but it didn’t feel quite so natural.

johnnystorm

I’m holding off on a Netflix sub until November it seems.

Shame about the FBI/CIA back story, can’t his family be killed my mobsters anymore?

PrinceJohn

I loved the Luke cage episodes being named after gang Starr tracks

Coyote
    Free Member

Watched all and loved them. Defenders was good but could have probably been a little longer, the way they were brought together seemed a little rushed. Looking forward to the next series of all of them!

jimjam
    Free Member

I wonder if this will work..

…evidently not. Oh well, it was cool in my email 😉

BobaFatt
    Free Member

I can see it, I got that too, well impressed with their marketing of this

It’s going to be a revenge filled weekend

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 106 total)

The topic ‘Marvel's Punisher Trailer’ is closed to new replies.