Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 109 total)
  • Martyn Ashton – Road Bike Party2
  • velocipede
    Free Member

Wow – good luck to him and best wishes for a full recovery

xiphon
    Free Member

Fantastic work!

Fakie nose wheelie – favourite section by far. Insane skills!

D0NK

Just watched again and realised the pallet front flip section is one take, helicopter cam?

oh and are those pre-production testing hope levers or custom one off for martyn?

might have to get that capella track

GaryLake
    Free Member

Standard Hope Trial zone brake just positioned with a set of modified hoods strategically placed I believe – shifters are then sprinters Di2

I got to photoshoot the bike in the studio last week and had a cheeky ride 🙂

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Quality stuff,

they’re all amazing.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Nope I stand corrected, the Trial zone lever was modified to fit better 🙂

P20

I love the fact they’ve helped him finished. Danny didn’t look that happy on the road bike. Overall, truly brilliant. I love it

cheers_drive

The road on used for the fakie nose wheelie looked pretty slippery, especially whilst feathering the brake. Many would of struggled going ring down that forward with 2 wheels on the ground!

spawnofyorkshire

@GaryLake

was this your photoshoot?
    Wiggle Facebook Gallery

stanfree
    Free Member

Brilliant video , any idea where Dannys reverse Endo filmed. ? I’ve ridden wrynos and Hardknott but not sure it either.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Danny didn’t look that happy on the road bike.

Those awkward looking bits – he literally took delivery of the bike, got on it and just started filming having never ridden it – pretty impressive really!

Edit: @spawnofyorkshire – yup, that’s the one!

GolfChick
    Free Member

just seen it on facebook, sensational inspiring video. As others said just hope its not the last we see but if it is awesome way to do it!

Travis

it’s awesome. Now I feel really useless on a bike. At least I can go in straight line too (not for long though)

marka.
    Free Member

Love it.

I re-watched the first one and I love the continuities, like how a skateboard, a plane and amusement park make a return.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

If he can ride like that whilst looking unhappy, just think what he could do with a confident smile on his face 😯

jfletch
    Free Member

He’s gone from a 20 inch trials bike to a 700c road bike and done a backwards endo down a mountain pass. Looks pretty confortable to me!

tomhoward

He’s gone from a 20 24 inch trials bike to a 700c road bike and done a backwards endo down a mountain pass. Looks pretty confortable to me!

FTFY

spacehopper

Brilliant. 😀

made my day that!

aracer
    Free Member

Maybe, it’s certainly possible to take really good footage from a quadcopter – I was trying to make out from the audio, the backing track does seem to be selected there to mask any rotor noise. Though from the layout I think it would be possible to do with a hand held – convenient gap in just the right place.

I thought he looked more comfortable than Chris!

D0NK

Maybe, it’s certainly possible to take really good footage from a quadcopter

there’s a bloke stood in the background looks like he might be controlling it.

Though from the layout I think it would be possible to do with a hand held

if so it’s someone with a very steady hand/core stability, barely any wobble going up the pallets and crossing the gap

looks like the’ve ducktaped the brakes on 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Saving that to watch on my telly when I gets home 🙂

identicalbutlighter
    Free Member

Just in case anyone wants to recreate the downhill backwards on the front wheel thing, it’s the road at Howtown/Ullswater that leads up to Hallin fell, (not Hardknott/Wrynose etc)

aracer
    Free Member

Ah yes – I was thinking I recognised it – have ridden up that!

D0NK

it’s the road at Howtown/Ullswater that leads up to Hallin fell

Damn! ridden up that about a dozen times, thought it looked familiar.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

That is truly brilliant, great that in this day and age with sponsors saying that you can’t do this and that, that Danny and Chris were able to help make something really memorable. Really makes you consider how lucky we are to be able to enjoy these videos when you think what Martyn is going through and what Chris has been through, the risks they take are completely out of kilter with any financial reward they get. Respect.

senorj

crikey! 😯

northernerindevon

Mind. Blown. Again.

Just watched it 4 times and will post this then probably watch it again then go out for a ride. So inspiring even if the best I can do is a wheelie… It’s great to see this given what Martyn is going through currently… Wishing him all the best going forward. Big up to Danny and Chris for helping him out too.

OK – one more time…

Alpha1653

I spotted my old school in the background as Danny rides over the iron bridge…I remember wandering how cool it would be to ride that when I was a youngster and he’s only gone and bloody done it!

Great vid and best wishes to Martyn; one of the originals from back in the day and a lovely guy as well.

choppersquad
    Free Member

That reverse endo is the stuff of pure genius!

robdob
    Free Member

It’s not a reverse endo for crying out loud!!!

Fakie nosewheelie!

If it looks the same but in a tight spin/circle it’s a g-turn.

If he had been standing on a peg (if it had been a BMX) it would be a fakie hang-five.

monkeyboyjc

A mazin

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Brilliant vid. Watched it again and again. Missus enjoyed it too. Pure skills and talent.

Northwind

Love that… Brilliant riding but, well, heart. Especially liked all the wee nods to previous vids.

Watched it with my wee brother who’s not a mountain biker… In the early section “He’s like that Danny Macaskill”. Then Akrigg comes along and “He’s better than that Danny Macaskill”. Then Macaskill comes along! Mind blown. Think he’s off watching all the Akrigg back catalogue now

rob1984p
    Free Member

absolutely blown away by that, a bit of wet in the eyes and everything crossed for Martyn’s recovery.

beaker2135

Awesome video, one of the best I’ve ever watched

granny_ring

Easy, I can do that. 🙂

miketually
    Free Member

Didn’t Danny look pale? He needs to get out in the sun 🙂

GaryLake
    Free Member

Nearly a million views in 24 hours!

pjt201
    Free Member

Did no one else spot Martin Hawyes on the rollers?

AlexSimon

So from a marketing point of view.
    They’ve got 1 million views and I’ve watched it twice.

I’m now aware of Hope Trial brakes which I didn’t know about before. I was a big fan of hope anyway though, so I don’t know how much that’s done for the brand.
    Worse – it made me realise that road brakes are too rubbish for them to use. Those Di2 shifters are a bit big aren’t they!

Last time around it was a pinarello, this time a colnago – I thought both bikes were ugly, so it hasn’t done much for that.

GCN – I still don’t really know much about this company. I know I’ve ended up on their site a few times. I think I may have watched an obscure road race on a stream from them. Are they the ones that Frankie Andreu does the tdf reports on? Anyway their brand still feels a little anonymous to me. It looks corporate. Doesn’t shout cycling at all.

Only other brand I noticed was the WD-40 on Martyn’s helmet. I didn’t realise it had a place in bike maintenance, so maybe that jogged something in my head that I’ll notice in future workshops etc, if I see it again.

It also cemented Chris Akrigg as being my favourite youtube/vimeo video star 🙂 Hopefully this gives him a wider audience.

Anyway – just thinking out ‘loud. As I’m in marketing.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 109 total)

The topic ‘Martyn Ashton – Road Bike Party2’ is closed to new replies.