Viewing 22 posts - 81 through 102 (of 102 total)
  • Martyn Ashton – back on track
  • cheekyget
    Free Member

The man is a legend…..I love all his vids……….I saw him at the cycle exhibition at the excel centre in 2013 while collecting my London 100 numbers……doing the 100 this year too

OmarLittle
    Free Member

great video 🙂

wiggles
    Free Member

Awesome video.

I also happen to know they have built him an ebike version…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    santacruzsi
    Free Member

Just watched this, amazing video and the smile on his face and his riding buddies is just totally worth it.

After a shit long day at work this has cheered me up. Awesome.

andyl
    Free Member

How about one of these ebikes? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-33134302

MrOvershoot

Fantastic is not enough.

My mum works at the Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopedic Hospital near Oswestry where he was for a long while.

She said he was probably one of the most cheerful & positive patients with life changing injuries.
    When Warner & Peat were visiting was a riot according to her so I sent her the link to the film, she has also said that dust had blown in through the patio doors.
    She also said she could see why I loved getting out on my bike (but please don’t hurt yourself) Mum’s eh 😀

peteandsoo
    Free Member

a fantastic life affirming video really made my day. The mans got some cojones. when the news is full of a world of s**t seeing this makes you remember that there are amazing people doing amazing things. His efforts and the way he is dealing with things is an example to everyone.

Euro
    Free Member

Fantastic stuff. Didn’t make me cry, just smiled the whole way through.

Don’t understand the shoe thing, i guess he must really dislike spds 😀 . And if i couldn’t feel my legs i’d not bother with kneepads

whitestone
    Free Member

Re: the shoes. My guess is that it’s a lot easier to strap the shoes to flats rather than have someone twist his whole leg to get in and out of SPDs.

grenosteve
    Free Member

As posted on the main news page, what a brilliant video. 🙂

simmy
    Free Member

Brilliant video and Martyn is such a top bloke.

Makes everyday first world problems pail into insignificance when you see how he has dealt with something as serious as he has with such positivity.

Danny Mc, slugger and the lads are top mates as well 😀

TheSlider
    Free Member

That’s the HAPPIEST AND SADDEST video I’ve ever seen ! I used to see Martyn at nearly all the bike shows and I’m sure I’ve got some footage tucked away still.
    Truly inspirational – makes you think about the times you haven’t gone riding because it’s “too windy, a bit cold, too hot !!”
    Thankyou Martyn

freeagent
    Free Member

I saw him ride live a couple of times before his accident, I always thought he was amazingly skilled and agile for a guy who was obviously a bit older than those he was performing with.

I saw him at the London bike show this year, and felt a bit sad seeing him in his chair, however I read an interview with him a few months back where he said he was determined to get back on a bike, and I totally believed him.

His determination/positivity is very inspiring, and he come across as a proper nice guy.

Bunnyhop

Sod this dust, I properly blubbed all the way through whilst laughing too.

I’m so chuffed for him.

Notter
    Free Member

😆 8) 😀 :mrgreen:

Absolutely brilliant, rails those berms a million times better than I will ever be able to!! Chuffed doesn’t even come close.

funkrodent

Fantastic! What a top bloke and a legend. Very dusty and lumpy in rodent towers too 😀

robdob
    Free Member

If you watch that video before you go out for a ride you are GUARANTEED to have a great one!

We get all distracted by equipment and speed and comfort and efficiency and progression, when all you need to realise is that just riding any bike anywhere at any speed can be so much fun.

MSP

He probably still rides a bike better than I do, I think I might hate him, or have grudging respect for someone who is talented and happy, which is pretty much the same thing.

Mojo nicolai seems to work though.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Pretty funny to get half way through the video before you realise who his mates are. Great video.

rockhopperbike

now this guy needs an ebike- with quick deploy stabilisers – brilliant vid and does look like fun was had

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

just watched this video. Amazing! makes you really appreciate how awesome mountain biking is watching the sheer happiness on Martyn’s face.

vickypea
    Free Member

I love it. Felt quite emotional watching it.

Viewing 22 posts - 81 through 102 (of 102 total)

The topic ‘Martyn Ashton – back on track’ is closed to new replies.