Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Martyn Ashton
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Back on a bike.

Outstanding.

eskay

Was that taken at Newport today? I was there and I think I saw that machine being brought out for the disability session.

Did not realise it was him, saw someone in a wheelchair from the back with Global Cycling Network on. Would have stayed around to watch for a bit if I had known.

Quite sad though as the last time I saw him he was doing an interview at Bikefest and now he is paralised. God knows what he must have been through.

Edit: Good to see him back.

rewski
    Free Member

Class

jamj1974

Simply brilliant!

dirtyrider
    Free Member

going for Rio?

julianwilson
    Free Member

Ace. 😀

A friend of my wife’s is starting up a company/social eneterprise making hand-cranked mountain bikes. Amazing what he (Chris) rides on his: not excluding some red-rated downhill courses. 😯 Don’t want to hijack a thread about the great Ashton, but I am sure given the technology, he will go on embarass us all over again with his skillz and drive.

maxtorque

Road Trike Party anyone? 😉

swanky
    Free Member

Thanks for sharing this photo – cheered me up no end. Great to see him back on a bike, awesome!

rockhopperbike

julianwilson – Member
    Ace.

A friend of my wife’s is starting up a company/social eneterprise making hand-cranked mountain bikes. Amazing what he (Chris) rides on his: not excluding some red-rated downhill courses. Don’t want to hijack a thread about the great Ashton, but I am sure given the technology, he will go on embarass us all over again with his skillz and drive.

POSTED 2 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

bet he tried it on 2 wheels for a bit! 🙂

fadda

Fantastic pic, CFH. I was just wondering what was happening with MA – great to see him back on wheels 🙂

coolhandluke
    Free Member

So glad he’s back riding

So sad about his accident though.

Guess his determination will shine though in whatever he does though, fair play to the bloke.

robdixon
    Free Member

top news – that’s made my evening.

granny_ring

I’m both happy and sad to see that pic.

paulmgreen
    Free Member

Yes same here …. But he’s got drive and a purpose …. Good on ‘Im

JCL
    Free Member

I had no idea his injuries were so serious.

The report I read was that he had broke his back but was expected to make a full recovery.

What a shame but great to see him bounce back. More of a man than me that’s for sure.

markrh
    Free Member

Looks like he’s getting on with his life, not looking back, an example to us all. Can’t image he would want any of us to sad about his situation 😉

Superficial
    Free Member

He’s such a hero of mine. Can’t wait to see what he continues to get up to 😀

cloudnine
    Free Member

wrightyson
    Free Member

Just seen it and came on here to post about it! 2 hrs too late. Huge big up to all who helped him do it and everyone else who thinks its “all over”! Massive respect!

el_boufador

Brilliant, made my evening. What a guy!

ruffride
    Free Member

Ledgend , him an Warner were the my two heros when I was younger he’s bounced back so many times nice to see him on wheels again, uk pastrana with less endorsement.

Mugboo

That’s given me a bright start to the day 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Bumpage for anyone who’s been away for the weekend.

Love that second picture!

daftvader
    Free Member

Brilliant news. Got a big smile now 8)

Houns

Love that 2nd pic 😀

MoreCashThanDash

That’s cheered me up!

wiggles
    Free Member

Glad to see him smiling and back on 2/3 wheels, would have popped over for a look if I had known as only 5mins away

z1ppy
    cynic-al
    Free Member

Brilliant stuff

theflatboy
    Free Member

The pic at the bottom of the BBC article is of DM, is it not?

Anyway, well played Martyn – one of my childhood heroes so very pleased to see him back on a bike.

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Didn’t know he was paralysed, very sad to see and hear. Like many others he was a childhood hero of mine whilst flicking through the pages of MBUK! Good to see him back on wheels; hopefully back on 2 soon.

higthepig
    Free Member

I would like to think I would be as positive as Martin in similar circumstances, however no doubt I would be a sorry moaning PITA. What he is doing is brilliant, more power to his elbow(s), he remains an inspiration, doffs cap.

scruzer
    Free Member

Thanks for sharing and in the true spirit of Martyn Ashton! A strong message to us all…

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Martyn Ashton’ is closed to new replies.