Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • martin taylor.some fantastic guitar playing!!!
  • racefaceec90

if i hadn't seen him playing,i would swear it was a steel band!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrJ7Gq394hk i love this guy. 😀

nickc

As, I think some-one on here once said, "fretboard wankery" has it's place in the world, but it doesn't do it for me.

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

listen to the origonal django reinhardt stuff that he copies to put it in perspective

trailmonkey

sounds like someone playing with an ice lolly stick poked through the strings.

mt
    Free Member

Love Django Reinhardt in the Hot Club of Paris days. Some of the only jazz that I find exciting.

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

yea, love the origonal stuff but find some of the copies of it very sterile, clever but boring.

racefaceec90

will definitely listen to some django.does anyone remember a woody allen film about a jazz guitarist.sean penn was in it.i thought that was a good film.had some nice music in it.

grievoustim
    Free Member

i think that woody allen film was basically the django story – might have used different names though, can't remember well as its a long time since I saw it

uponthedowns
    Free Member

I've seen Martin Taylor live a couple of times. As well as being one of the best jazz guitarists in the world he comes across as a really nice guy too. He's much more than a Django Reinhardt copier.

nedrapier

Can't see that from work, but on the "first name Martin, fantastic guitar player" front, Mr Simpson gets my vote every time.

A true virtuoso, one of those musicians who play the music, rather than the instrument, if you know what I mean.

If he's playing near you, go and see him: http://www.martinsimpson.com/concertDates/

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘martin taylor.some fantastic guitar playing!!!’ is closed to new replies.