Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • martin lewis……..
  • ton

i detest the bloke with a passion and hatred i have never felt before.

am i alone?

camo16
    Free Member

I was on a plane from Marseille with him once.

The doors on the air-bridge wouldn’t open.

Everyone looked, expectantly, at Martin.

Without betraying an ounce of anxiety, Martin pulled out his phone, called the right guys and actually said: “the mood of the people is very tense here”.

Yeah, he’s a ****

Pook

the money saving guy?

yeah he does my nut in too.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    slugwash
    Free Member

Are you sure you’ve got the right one?

This one’s the complete flaccid knobber…

camo16
    Free Member

Yeah that’s the knobber ^^^^ I was talking about. Forgot there was another one. 😳

ton

the money saving one.
    what a sad to55er.

crispo
    Free Member

Why ton? Come on what’s he done?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Visionary………

An inspiration……….

slugwash
    Free Member

I like the money saving one. His advice and website has saved us money 🙂

And regarding the other one (Martyn), he’s probably not such a knobber after all.

From Wikipedia….

Charity work: Martyn Lewis was awarded a CBE in 1997 for his services to young people and the hospice movement. He is vice-president of Help the Hospices, Marie Curie Cancer Care and Macmillan Cancer Support.

He is president of United Response, a charity supporting people with learning disabilities or mental health needs to live in the community, in England and in Wales.

He founded the youth charity YouthNet in 1995, and remains its chairman.[2] The charity provides advice, information and support through websites aimed at young people.[3]

As of 2010[update] he is also chairman of the Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service, Families of the Fallen; trustee of the Windsor Leadership Trust, and deputy chair of the Lord Mayor of London’s Dragon Awards.

In 2010 he became Chair of the National Council for Voluntary Organisations.[4][5]

I’ve just always previously judged him on his sickly lame TV persona.

(Waves at Martin & Martyn who’ll be coming across this thread later tonight when they check their Google Alerts) 😀

djglover
    Free Member

Agreed, how many more times and in how many more ways does he have to say

ALWAYS SHOP AROUND FOR THE BEST DEAL

jon1973
    Free Member

Agreed, how many more times and in how many more ways does he have to say

ALWAYS SHOP AROUND FOR THE BEST DEAL

A few more times, judging by the number of people on here complaining about their car insurance renewal premium. 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

He got me £10 off a train to Lahdan, so is fine in my book.

Cougar

And this, boys and girls, is why spelling is important.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

i detest the bloke with a passion and hatred i have never felt before.

I wonder if he feels he same way about you?
    Do you think anyone loses sleep over what you think?

Hmmm, let me guess……

Jamie
    Free Member

Keeps him up at night, apparently.

BoardinBob

Absolute douchebag

I was in a swanky London bar last night for a friend’s birthday. As we weren’t staying long, the order was simple…. two diet Cokes. Yet when the bill came it was for £5.63, now let’s ignore the extortionate cost for a second (difficult as that is!) but how can a bill for two drinks come to an odd number?

I asked the waiter, who told me it was due to the 12.5% service charge! For that to happen it must have a quite bizarre rounding up policy. To check I then made him put the cost of one diet Coke through the till. Yes you’ve guessed it (well you have if you’re nerdy enough to still be reading this) a single Diet Coke cost £2.81. In other words had I ordered two separately I’d have paid only £5.62 – thus there’s a penny premium for ordering two together. Ridiculous!!!!!! I asked for my penny back, and the manager (who by now was looking over the waiter’s shoulder) agreed. Then I gave it as a tip.

😳

http://blog.moneysavingexpert.com/2006/01/

ton

he is a sad pathetic miserly penny pinching creep.
    the kind of to55pot who hold all the queue up at the supermarket with his penny saving vouchers.
    sad pathetic little man…………. 😀

bruneep

^^^^ ha ha ha at the diet coke.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

some folks really like them

Jamie
    Free Member

The diet coke thing is excessive, well downright insane, but the guy has helped out a lot of people financially. Especially when it comes to services being mis-sold etc.

mudshark
    Free Member

Well I’m confused, he’s making a living out of helping poorer people, what’s wrong with that? If you don’t want to save a few quid he’s easy enough to ignore.

tails
    Free Member

Is hw not a millionaire from his website? Your just jealous ton! Plus a troll!

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

he is a sad pathetic miserly penny pinching creep.
    the kind of to55pot who hold all the queue up at the supermarket with his penny saving vouchers.
    sad pathetic little man…………

sad pathetic little man.
    hmmm?

Jamie
    Free Member

The weird thing is, moneysavingexpert.com has a section I thought would be right up Ton’s alley.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

The forum has an excellent section for people who have got themselves into financial shit. It’s not at all judgmental like other forums. 🙂

uplink
    Free Member

I must of saved loads of money though campaigns and info on his site
    I didn’t know about getting you money back on debit card transactions until I saw it on his site, that alone put me £600 better off this year

He can act as bizarre as he wants as far as I’m concerned

atlaz
    Free Member

Money back on debit card transactions? Tell us more.

uplink
    Free Member

Money back on debit card transactions? Tell us more.

Should have qualified that I guess

The ability to do a chargeback on any payment where you’ve been diddled, a bit like the credit card protection

chakaping
    Free Member

I have to delve into the MSE forum from time to time for my own nefarious reasons.

There’s even more shady blaggers on there than on Pinkbike!

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘martin lewis……..’ is closed to new replies.