Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Martin acoustic D16 GT guitar advice please.
  • Iamspartacus
    Free Member

Been offered one at a good price, anyone got one or had one that can advise on suitability for a novice?
    All opinions greatly recieved.
    Ta in advance.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

not quite the same thing, but i have one of the little martin travel guitars and it is a lovely thing. i tried quite a few similar ones when i was looking and this was the best by far. i’d buy a full size martin of the quality your are talking of (1000 retail from what i can see) like a shot – but i’d still want to try it first and if used get a 2nd opinion to make sure there were no issues and that it was’nt a fake (local guitar shop has a dispaly of fake gibsons etc to serve as a warning).

jimster
    Free Member

Have a look onHarmony Central.

lodious
    Free Member

I have one, it’s a great guitar. The fretboard is made from a composite on ones made in the last few years, although you would be hard pressed to tell it’s not wood. I love mine, I had a Taylor 410 prior to the D16-GT, and although the Taylor was a more expensive guitar, I much prefer the ‘woodier’ sound of the Martin.

Martin’s tend to come with a fairly high action from the factory, so you may find you need a setup if you like a lower action (the previous owner may have done this).

I can’t think of a better guitar for a first quality acoustic, but different people prefer different things.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Martin acoustic D16 GT guitar advice please.’ is closed to new replies.