Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Mart Townley Loop in wet condiiitions is it a bit of a slog?
  • postierich
    Free Member

Planning on riding tomorrow will probably be windy and wet, whats the average time to get round and is it worth taking the FS over a hardtail?

Ta Rich

binners

Don’t know about time Rich, but it is very very wet in those hills at the moment. We were out last night. Everything is still completely sodden. A lot of it is like riding through porridge

deets

I did it as part of the event last Sunday and found it surprisingly dry! Most of the trails drain well and the grassy bits that get boggy are fairly few. There was a few bits of trail damage since I was last round there, either natural or JCB related but nothing to really spoil it.

It was my first time round on a hardtail but I clocked my best ever time of 5:26, though it’s hard to tell how much was due to better fitness compared to previous years. Just get out and enjoy it though, it’s a good ride whatever the bike and time.

bikebob

It’s good long ride, does have some boggy parts but gen quite good. Personally couldn,t dream of Deets 5.5hrs. I was pushing 9 in the wet.
    As others say, just get out and enjoy.

Bregante

I’ve just got in from a night ride up that way (Blackstone edge etc) and it is very, very soggy in them thar hills

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Mart Townley Loop in wet condiiitions is it a bit of a slog?’ is closed to new replies.