Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • marmot mica jacket – any experiences?
  • MrCrushrider
    Free Member

im seriously considering buying one but im not sure how hardwearing it is,

any experiences?

ta

Ben

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

anyone??

damitamit
    Free Member

A bit late, but I just got one! Haven’t used it outdoors yet, but seems to fit the bill.

My Gill Pro Speed has died after a few years abuse and wanted a replacement which was more packable (to stick in a jersey pocket) but also with a hood. The Mica seems to fit the bill. The cut it slimmer than normal outdoor jackets so works ok for cycling and its only 185g and packs down very small. Only gripe is the hood is not a rollaway type, but you can kinda fold it a few times to get it out the way.

Cheapest i found it was here: http://www.rawoutdoors.co.uk/Models.aspx?ModelID=2776
    Came next day…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    BadlyWiredDog

Its very breathable, very small, very light. I wouldn’t expect massive durability from it, that’s the trade off for lightweight face fabrics. The hood isn’t great, but that doesn’t really matter on a bike.

If durable really matters to you – heavy pack use for example, then probably best to look for a slightly beefier fabric, or face anyway. Marmot says that the internal 2.5-layer stuff is quite tough.

It’s all relative. Good jacket, especially at that price. I was pleasantly surprised by the breathability levels, subjectively not far off eVent and a lot lighter than the eVent alternatives out there.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘marmot mica jacket – any experiences?’ is closed to new replies.