Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Marlborough Downs Ride this week end? (30/31 May)
  • Gilles

Hi,

Anybody interested for a ride in the Marlborough downs this week end? Weather nice so far! Saturday rather than Sunday but I’m easy.

Could look just like that:

Cheers,

Gilles

CountZero

I’d be up for Sunday but Saturday’s out for me.

fu_manchu
    Free Member

I would be interested in a Saturday ride, be nice to get a change of trails from Swinley/Oxfordshire

Anna-B
    Free Member

Hello Gilles
    I know this is unhelpful at this moment in time, but I really fancy a bike ride in the Marlborough Downs, just not this weekend!
    Maybe we can sort something out for the future, and have a fab ride.

CountZero

Giles, anna, definitely interested, but a little more notice perhaps, and it’s really only Sundays for me. Keep me posted on any developments, pleeze.

cinnamon_girl

Gilles – I would be very interested but can’t do this weekend. Perhaps you could come up with a date for July as there’s certainly some interest?

Have fun in the good weather anyway.

Gilles

All right, sorry for the short notice. Hopefully another week end will be possible in summer. From my diary, the 27/28th of June is free. In the meantime, if anybody still keen for tomorrow (30st of May), departure at 10am from the car park near Knap Hill, SU115 638 for probably a 40k loop. Email in my profile.

fu_manchu
    Free Member

Gilles, yeah still up for it, 10 am is fine. What sort of terrain are we looking at? If its not stupidly lumpy I will bring my SS.

captain_bastard
    Free Member

Hi Gilles – busy this weekend, have to hook up soon for a mid-week blast!

Gilles

Cool! SS should do, the trails are smooth, dry and dusty. See you tomorrow.

RichPenny
    Free Member

I’d be interested in a ride there, can do last weekend in June as suggested, or some of July.

Gilles

C_B, got a busy week next week so far unfortunately, but if things get quieter, really up to a blast as well.

CountZero

Gilles, the June week-end looks good to me, but as stated, Saturdays are out, so Sunday 28 is a go here.

cinnamon_girl

Can I put Sunday 28th June in my diary then? Am already looking forward to some more Wiltshire scenery, but hopefully less blustery than the last time 🙂

CountZero

For future reference, Knapp Hill, is that in the Pewsey Vale? If so, I think the OS ref is SU 121636, according to
    megalithic.co.uk. I can’t find another Knapp Hill in Wiltshire. 8)

fu_manchu
    Free Member

Gilles, thanks for guiding me around today. Good ride, lovely day, lots and lots of nettles….

Ian

CountZero

C_g, would be good to meet you if this pans out. Love riding the Downs, lovely open country with great views. Which bike to take, tho’? Decisions, decisions… 😉

cinnamon_girl

Glad it went well – what was the route please?

CountZero – I’m leading a ride in the Chilterns on Sunday 21st June – all welcome! I do have a soft spot for Wiltshire though – the landscape is quite unique and such good vibes from Neolithic times 8)

Gilles

Thanks Ian, my legs are still itching with those nettles. I’m glad to show it again at the end of this month, but technically it’s not really Marlborough downs but pewsey downs, so a bit quieter. I will start a new thread.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Marlborough Downs Ride this week end? (30/31 May)’ is closed to new replies.