Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Marketing
  • Torminalis
    Free Member

What are the most arduous and horrific ways to antagonise marketing people? I have one that is taking up a lot of our time (psychometric tests was the straw) and I was hoping you guys may have some inspiration on how I can legitimately use up a lot of theirs.

What is the most essential, yet most time consuming marketing activity that can be done?

johndoh
    Free Member

Ingle pop

Rorschach
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDW_Hj2K0wo[/video]

tomhoward

Do you mean telemarketers, or people who work in the marketing departments of companies? If it’s the latter, just take their crayons away…

Torminalis
    Free Member

Yeah, I know. That is kinda how I feel, but I need to be able to work with these people and hopefully understanding a little more about what they do will ensure I can keep them busy.

Torminalis
    Free Member

people who work in the marketing departments of companies

Them’s the ones.

johndoh
    Free Member

Jangle bright bart

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

give them a pantone swatch book,…and watch them squabble

mrmo
    Free Member

just ask them to do an ROI.

garage-dweller

Close all the local trendy coffee shops in a 3 mile radius.

Force them to use normal language?

johndoh
    Free Member

If you instructed these guys then just tell them thank you but we don’t need you anymore .

It’s really simple and probably less of a waste of your time than asking on here how you can waste theirs…

brooess
    Free Member

You know this forum is marketing the magazine don’t you? It’s why it has the same name

rickmeister

Get them to both understand and justify 650b

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I worked for 10 years in the marketing Depts of a large oil/coal/gas distribution co. 5 years in their Oil Dept and 5 years in their central ‘group’ dept. Bestest time ever in my early working life, wined and dined by suppliers, loads of xmas gifts from suppliers, poncing about on photo shoots and mingling with the key movers and shakers in the company, maximum head office perks, lots of opportunities to bunk off early on the pretence of visiting 3rd parties, on the cutting edge of stuff going on in the company, flash pool cars at your disposal as well as a company car, big budgets to squander, directly involved in all the sexy stuff. Was fantastic fun for a 20+ year old. Only downside was the often 24/7 work, massive pressure around deadlines and you’re spending rather than a making money for the company, when times are bad, your the first to go. At 30 and a couple of redundancies I opted for less money/pressure/perks for job security and massively less hours (I got fed up with driving to London at 3am, living out of a suitcase, lots of unpaid driving and stuff like that).

plyphon
    Free Member

Just ask for slight changes to whatever artwork/copy they’re making for you, but only after seeing the final product each time.

Torminalis
    Free Member

just ask them to do an ROI

This is what I needed to know.

MrNutt
    Free Member

ROI with Pivot tables cross referenced to the contacts dbase, then three years projections based on all available industry data projecting at least three different scenarios. Don’t tell them why you need or what the different scenarios are, then let them go off and be quiet for about 8 mtgs, then sack them.

bikemonkey
    Free Member

Ask them to create a competitor analysis, and keep adding competitors to it.

IanW
    Free Member

Ask them to quantify the benefits of their various activities.

Torminalis
    Free Member

You know this forum is marketing the magazine don’t you?

What magazine?

IanW
    Free Member

[quoteYou know this forum is marketing the magazine don’t you? It’s why it has the same name[/quote]

Is it ?

Would surprise me if this website and road cc are equal to the mags.

samuri
    Free Member

I ask them to explain the product they’re marketing.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Ask them to justify their claims with properly researched facts and figures.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Marketing’ is closed to new replies.