Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Mark Cavendish Boy Racer,(thats his book)
  • project
    Free Member

Well nearly finished reading the above book and he doesnt seem to pull many punches, a really good read, about working in Barclays Bank to earn money to race and ride, his Tour De France, and madison highlights, a top bloke who comes over as extremely confident in his abilities, and the thing is,he does win races, and is not all talk,like some.

Buuy the book in paperback about a fiver from Book depository and enjoy the read,for the sensitive types there is swearing.

jacko54321
    Free Member

+1 good book,

weird how everyone hated him before the TDF for being a little contraversial at times and now everyone loves him

Gary_M
    Free Member

Yeh I read it on holiday. Good book, certainly changed my opinion of him in a positive way as he admits that he does act like a dick at times.

MSP

weird how everyone hated him before the TDF for being a little contraversial at times and now everyone loves him

Nope still think he is a cock

trail_rat
    Free Member

yep i agree – i enjoyed it.

Teapot
    Free Member

I didn't think much of Cav's book, Bradley Wiggins 'In pursuit of glory' is a much better read IMHO.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Read both Wiggo's and Cav's enjoyed CAv's far more. Never thought it was a cock always liked him. You have to be arrogant and cocky to be the best sprinter in the world or you'll get trodden on. Great book though, don't bother with the Fausto Coppi one .. dull zzzzzz

suburban
    Free Member

Obree's book would be hard to beat for a more personal insight into person. A very compelling, humbling read of a gifted human being. If the Cavendish book maintains the same level of honesty then its worth a read. The press never seemed to like Wiggins despite all his prior achievements, he always came across quite bitter in any interviews at the last Olympics, but i can understand why.

clubber
    Free Member

I enjoyed it too. Thing is though I read it shortly before he dumped his fiance who he regularly praised and said he'd never dump in the book…

I think he's a bit of a c0ck still but at least he's a self aware one and doesn't seem to act like one when not on the bike (or at least not after a couple of mins off it).

Obree's book is a good read but hard work and far from enjoyable (as in it's pretty depressing) – it would have been much more approriately titled 'it's not about the bike' than Lance's book. It's really an insight into someone with mental health problems who happens/ed to ride bikes very fast.

Gary_M
    Free Member

don't bother with the Fausto Coppi one .. dull zzzzzz

I thought Fallen Angel was a fantastic book, thoroughly enjoyed it, very inspiring.

sambob
    Free Member

I really liked it, same with Wiggins' book.

shedfull
    Free Member

He's 25. Every 25 year old bloke is a cock. 😆

MSP

He's 25 no 25 year old bloke should have a biography.

leggyblonde
    Free Member

He's 25 no 25 year old bloke should have a biography.

bah! Alexander the Great had conquered most of the known world by then

trail_rat
    Free Member

hoys autobiog is good , much better than richard moore biog of the same subject BUT its not on the same level as obrees book – i actually love obrees book and if it is very inspirational – its a book i keep going back to if im feeling like not going riding.

obree doesnt believe in "he is better than me" he only belives "I want it more than him i will get it " but he is definantly an all or nothing guy , the bipolar issues forsure but i have so much respect for the guy in all that he did the good and the bad and how he had the courage to be open about the whole lot

project
    Free Member

Next book to read is Chris Hoys book, and is Chris Boardman doing a book yet.

Any other recomendations for cycling biographies, didnt find Lances very good.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Jacques Anquetil is quite a dull one too!!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Mark Cavendish Boy Racer,(thats his book)’ is closed to new replies.