Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • mark 2 exposure six pack light.how do you find them?
  • racefaceec90

at present i have an old style hope vision 2 led light.there is absolutely nothing wrong with it (has done the job for me).but i am planning on saving up for one of the new exposure six pack lights i just love the fact that it’s all in one (light/battery).also the huge power increase will be fantastic as well 😯 😀 how do you find them? also if funds/can save up,am also planning on buying a joystick to go with it.i really want to do more night riding,so this is my justification for spending so much (well it is a lot for me 😉

bol

I haven’t used one, but I do have a Max D, which is pretty bright, and a lot cheaper. Personally, I would go for a more matched combination, with a slightly less powerful bar light than the Sixpack and a more powerful head torch. I use a P7 torch which was cheap but in real terms is about twice the power of the Joystick (if not as slick looking). I certainly recommend all in one lights though – easier, neater, more reliable.

DickBarton

It is so big you can’t loose it so no probs finding it!

That is my only criticism about the light…it is bloody enormous, otherwise it is very good…I’d have one if I had the money. Have used one and no need for a helmet light that I found but I’m happy with shadows and dark bits on a night ride.

matthewlhome
    Free Member

i suspect a joystick may be a bit under powered with this. When i used mine with a lumicycle LED it was overpowered by the lumi on full blast.

Why not use the hope as a helmet mounted light?

hummerlicious
    Free Member

I use the mark one 6 pack on the bike and a diablo on my head, more light than anyone really needs! Fantastic lights 🙂

zilog6128

I have a mk4 maxx-d on the bars and mk6 joystick on the lid. Use them for trail riding as well as the commute. I had to turn them both down to “low” on the commute home yesterday after another cyclist complained about being dazzled! Have them both on “high” for trail riding though and they give out plenty of light. I was initially worried that the Joystick would be too weedy but this does not seem to be the case.

FuzzyWuzzy

IMO the only reason to go for the 6-pack over the Maxx-D is if you want to drop the 6-pack to medium output and get the longer battery life (Maxx-D on medium might be too dim for fast trails). I really can’t see you need the extra lumens on high setting, especially if you’re pairing it with something like a Diablo.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘mark 2 exposure six pack light.how do you find them?’ is closed to new replies.