• This topic has 16 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Sanny.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • marjorca car hire
  • rudebwoy
    Free Member

having some trouble finding a car hire that is not a rip off and as we are arriving at ten thirty at night scheduled it leaves things a bit tight , just wondering if folks have had good or bad experiences with firms out there ?

wallop

Have you tried travel supermarket?

doncorleoni
    Free Member

I used sixt out there. Cost me about £260 for 8 days with full fat cdw and all the extras. They were great…. Brand new golf.

Met some people who had used one of the budget suppliers… Crappy cars.

Watch out for the fuel situation…. Some of the budgets charge for a tank in advance which is silly expensive.

There was a good post on here a while back… Try searching.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

yes all the comparison sites are the same , when you dig deeper it’s never as it seems,

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Here is some information

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/majorca-car-hire-whos-good

And yes don’t use goldcar!

holmesy
    Free Member

I’m just back today and have been a few times. My main advice would be to make sure the place you rent from is actually on site and not miles away, we made that mistake once and it’s a pain – especially since you arriving late. I think places with a counter in the terminal and car hire in the onsite multi story car park normally state that.

We used RecordGo for the week just been – was very reasonable I thought about 100 quid for the week for a Ford Focus level car – we actually got a Nissan Note which was a bit of a heap but was fine for us as knew we’d hardly use it. Service mediocre but that’s generally my experience of car hire, I would use them again.

grizedaleforest

Second sixt.. not cheap but very good. And indeed do not be tempted by Goldcar. There’ll be loads of recommendations on TripAdvisor Mallorca forum.

hanchurch
    Free Member

You won’t find anything cheap on the summer holidays, the prices are 5 times higher than off season.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

And yes don’t use goldcar!

Goldcar were fine when I used them in Malaga. I usually use Sixt, but have used HolidayAutos a couple of times lately.

The Sixt queues were the shortest each time I used them at Parma Airport.

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

Been using Hasso for over 10 years, at least twice a year and they’re great!

rudebwoy
    Free Member

thanks for all the replies and advice , much appreciated

geoffj

My main advice would be to make sure the place you rent from is actually on site and not miles away, we made that mistake once and it’s a pain – especially since you arriving late. I think places with a counter in the terminal and car hire in the onsite multi story car park normally state that.

I’d advise the opposite for PMI as they all get really busy. As I’ve said a million times, I use Centauro – off site but very easy, although not going to work with a late pickup or drop off.

ji
    Free Member

Been done lots before – do a search on the forum.

My goto answer is http://www.terryscarhire.com/ – you just get the car from the airport car park and return it there as well, without seeing anyone. I prefer a slightly older car, so I am not paranoid about minor damage all the time – if you want a shiny new motor with 3 miles on the clock they are not for you. Otherwise they are brilliant.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’ve had some luck recently with EasyCar’s rental site. They just act as a brokerage these days rather than running their own cars. Check out their prices for Keddy – which is Europcar’s “brokerage” brand. The Keddy price will often be cheaper than Europcar’s direct price. But you’ll get a Europcar vehicle and use the on-site Europcar desk. I’ve found Europcar to be pretty faultless over the past four or five years – so this might be a way to get a “premium” rental for slightly more expensive “brokerage” price.

dannymite1981
    Free Member

Been a few times in last two years and always hired a car,recently been using centauro car hire and been hassle free and cheap,and no waiting around for ages to collect car.To make it cheaper we buy our own excess insurance from direct car excess for 40 pound a year instead of paying a fortune for the car hire companies own excess.

feed

we’re in Majorca on hols atm. Hired a bmw compact via ryanair site (that we flew with). Was booked with RecordGo car rental. Reasonable price and hassle free airport pick up. Wanted €260 though to buy out the €1400 excess which is taking the p. We had bought it out though for €60 via the ryanair site offer. Diesel was full to full so no issue. Almost new car in spotless condition so very happy. Only worry is that mrs fee might get fond of the comfort of the car and feel a need to upgrade the 2006 ford focus when we get home 😯

ps, RecordGo have 2 desks in the arrival hall and the car pick up location is only a 5 min walk away, couldn’t be handier.

Sanny
    Free Member

We use DoyouSpain.com. A really good site.

Top tips are to go for the full tank and bring back full option.

Oh and take out separate insurance via the likes of icarhireinsurance or similar. This avoids the hassle of being asked to spend 200 euros on insurance by the person on commission!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘marjorca car hire’ is closed to new replies.