Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Marin Wolf Ridge 08 – Wheel dishing / spoke lengths – HELP!!
  • Jackass123456789
    Free Member

During the week I stripped my wheels for my rims to be powder coated and thought as I was replacing everything like for like I would be fine.

However I have come to measure the spokes and on the rear wheel both sides spoke lengths are 260mm. Now I was under the impression that normally on the back you have different spoke lengths as the hub has the cassette on one side so it is a different length to the rim on that side.

Now as this is the case I am starting to think that the wheel wasn't dished straight, does anyone know if on a Marin Wolf Ridge 08 the rear wheel is not dished straight or can anyone explain that the wheel could have been dished straight and have same spoke lengths on each side?

Hub is a Hope Pro II and the rim is a Syncros DS25

rob
    Free Member

you can dish the wheel fine with your 260mm spokes it just reqs a couple more turns of the nipples on the drive side to pull the rim over

Zone
    Free Member

I thought the flanges where different diameter.. hence the same spoke length?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Marin Wolf Ridge 08 – Wheel dishing / spoke lengths – HELP!!’ is closed to new replies.