• This topic has 24 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by timc.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Marin trail piste off!
  • LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

Off to the Marin trail. Done it a few times so looking for some sneaky off-piste trail action. Anyone cool enough to give me a hint as to the location of some good stuff? GPX would be nice?

chrisdw
    Free Member
    LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

Wow, thanks chris. Most helpful.

singlespeedstu

You could try this route.

I loves it but i know there are a few that don’t.*

*There’s a little bit of pushing by the lake.

http://www.theedgecycleworks.com/mtbroutes/marin-cowlyd-killer/

bigyinn
    Free Member

Off piste stuff from a trail centre like that probably isn’t a good idea, as the whole point of a trail centre is to keep bikes contained to the trails built. Straying from those trails could have implications regarding future access and expansion.
    Swinley is a good case in point. Lots of trails all over the shop, conflict issues over access and use, result reduced number of trails available.
    As chrisdw has pointed out, get yourself a map of the area and go exploring the local bridleways.

LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

Thanks Stu, that looks good! I want to try Winnies, which is in the neighborhood some place, I think I’ve located it, it’ll be fun trying to find it! I just don’t want to be riding round fireroads aimlesly trying to find stuff!

LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

Hi bigyinn! Gwydyr Forest is open access and the FC are quite happy for you to use the area for cycling. Just would like some hints as to some stuff. Bridleways aren’t always the best. I have ‘off-pisted’ in Coed-y-Brenin and much of that isn’t on maps as bridleways.

iolo
    Free Member

Please keep away from Winnies. It’s not allowed to ride there unless you have permission. You will get it closed down if you get caught without permission.If any riders are there they will chase you off, mayby even beat you up for being there.
    Access to there is very limited.
    Even mentioning it on the internet is bloody stupid.
    Also if you get hurt there nobody will find you for a few days.
    Do yourself a favour and stick to the Marin.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Thanks iolo for proving my point!

Although it strikes as somewhat hypocritical that other riders will boot you out. If you shouldn’t be there why are they? Is is because you’re not the only gayer in the village?

Keva
    Free Member

You will get it closed down if you get caught without permission

mayby even beat you up for being there

Also if you get hurt there nobody will find you for a few days

bit of a contradiction there I see. I might get caught (draws deep breath), I might get beaten up (really?)

…but there is nobody there to find me?

LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

Hi iolo! Winnies is that good then? I really want to find it now!

iolo
    Free Member

They are there because they built it. Illegally. But with agreement from FC that as long as no others go there it will be tolerated.

LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

And how do you know all of this, iolo? If ‘they’ built it, you shouldn’t be there? Did you get beaten up there? Perhaps because you’re a dick?

iolo
    Free Member

hihi. Come on over, I can’t wait to see you there,

phil.w
    Free Member

Is it just me, or does this make everyone want to find the place…

Access to there is very limited.
    Even mentioning it on the internet is bloody stupid.

🙂

mrlebowski
    Free Member

hihi. Come on over, I can’t wait to see you there,

Grow up fellas..

timc
    Free Member

STW Forum ride @ winnies 🙂

z1ppy

WOW, priceless thread

MrGFisher
    Free Member

Edited

Pigface
    Free Member

Localism hits Mountain biking, shame on you shame on you

discoduck
    Free Member

Something like could this could only be deemed normal behaviour on the Internet,

As for being beaten up for riding my bike WTF ! I’ve ridden my bike all over the place and never been beaten up, in fact i’m 40 years old and never been beaten up,

I’m going to come and ride it myself now and i’m even going to bring my own carrier bag and nick some of your Conkers while i’m there ! It’s like being back in 70’s where you had to play on your own street and if you ventured off you got filled in or chased round and then filled in.

How **** pathetic !

Doug
    Free Member

1st rule of Secret DH fight club. Don’t post about secret DH fightclub!

iolo
    Free Member

I’m sorry if it was not clear but there might have been a bit of irony in my “beaten up comment”
    Thank you and I will be doing guided rides to show there’s no hard feelings.

russianbob
    Free Member

Careful, I think these are the Winnies locals that might beat you up….

http://www.pinkbike.com/u/GCG-Photography/album/B-Y-C/

timc
    Free Member

Lolz at the winnies kids 😆

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Marin trail piste off!’ is closed to new replies.