Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Marin quad link stud broken
  • elick
    Free Member

Anyone have an idea where I could try to obtain one of these?
    It would be 95mm long if it were still in one piece. Don’t ask me how it happened, I presume it was overtightened, not by me, its an east peak frame.
    Not sure where to start asking really.Could try to get one machined somewhere I suppose?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Not available as a spare from marin? Or whoever the importers are?

kaesae
    Free Member

ATB sales are the UK importer for marin, can you not simply use a s standard top cap screw that’s the right diameter?

elick
    Free Member

Still waiting to hear from lbs about availability, just wondered if there were a quicker route

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

be fairly simple to make one up. Cost a few bob in machining time tho. Possibly an off the peg machine screw or stud could be used / modified

PJM1974
    Free Member

Aren’t they ti?

Dibbs
    Free Member

100mm long 8mm dia, but Whyte not Marin. (Not ti as far as I can tell, more likely to be high tensile steel).

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Are you the original owner?

‘cos i had this happen to my Mount Vision and Mike Cookson’s Cycles got in touch with ATB sales who sent a full set of replacement pins free of charge! 8)

Dibbs
    Free Member

Any good Marin dealer should be able to get you one from ATB Sales, probably free of charge too.

fubar
    Free Member

Had this happen a few years ago on a 2004 model…was told there had been a ‘bad batch’ around this time – shop replaced free of charge.

keni
    Free Member

Not had same problem with my ’08 East Peak, but have had to replace all bearings (under warranty) this week. Studs have never seemed to stay tight.

Marin definately need an award for making removing the rear shock as difficult as possible to remove.

samsemtex
    Free Member

I contacted Marin through their facebook page and they sorted it out for me straight away. Im not an original owner and they replaced the parts no problem for me. I also went through ATB sales.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Marin quad link stud broken’ is closed to new replies.