Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Marin Nail Trail 7, Pinnacle Iroko/Ramin or…?
  • matt_outandabout

So mrs_oab finishes her c2w this month, that means it’s my turn… First complete new bike in a decade 8)

I’m 6′, do everything from big days out in highlands to chasing sons round Comrie Croft and lekking about in the Uni Woods. Ideally a part way new school ride – relaxed, low, yet still sprightly. Comfort and durability please. £1k budget.

Top of the list is a Pinnacle, especially as I’m hoping they drop into the sale in July… However Rutland have a Nail Trail 7 with dropper in sale already.

What else should I fret and obsess over for a few weeks?

😉

matt_outandabout

bumpage for day crowd.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member
    matt_outandabout

I also forgot the Frontier as well…however I cannot tell if it is an air fork.

https://www.alpkit.com/sonder/bikes/sonder-frontier-nx1-recon-hobo

matt_outandabout
    dumbbot
    Free Member

A mate just picked up the NX Sonder Transmitter/£999 on C2W, its a really nice bike…and way lighter than i thought with the plus wheels.

although that Marin does look great value.

matt_outandabout

It transpires work has stuffed up the c2w scheme, and so no voucher yet forthcoming and Rutland are sold out of my size of the Marin…

I’m still torn by ‘normal’ 29er with chunky tyre clearance or a full on plusbike…

Any other suggestions?

v666ern
    Free Member

How about the marin pine mountain? – HUGELY discounted. (only because i want one and if you lot buy them all the temptation is removed!)

superstu
    Free Member

I have a pinnacle iroko and arkose. Both really impressive. Have been tempted by a ramin but have no need for one, but if they’re as good as those then I wouldn’t hesitate (in fact I’d be tempted if my 29′ inbred ever died). For the brief you describe I’d be looking at them regardless of whether they get discounted or not.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Marin Nail Trail 7, Pinnacle Iroko/Ramin or…?’ is closed to new replies.