Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Marin Mount Vision and Roof Racks (particularly Mont Blanc Barracuda)
  • DickBarton

I’m about to buy a Mount Vision and my current Thule roof rack won’t fit the Marin – the linkages and shock don’t have any room for the Proride clamp to grip.

Alternatives seem to be ones that clamp the fork (which I thought invalidated warranties?) – in particular the Thule Velovise – but where do you stick the front wheel? Can you get an adapter for the roof to leave it up there? or the Mont Blanc Barracuda. Thing is the website seems sparse of info on it i.e. how does it lock the bike (the clamp itself doesn’t appear to have a lock on it)? Can it be locked to the roof rails? If so, how? I believe an adapter is needed but can’t find out what it is or how much it is…

So if anyone is driving around with an 09 Mount Vision on their roof – how are they attaching it?

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

this is a bloody nightmare dick

There don’t seem to be any carriers which can clamp round the down tube

thule proride no
    atera giro no
    the bolt through forks are qr 15 and there don’t appear to be any carriers with adaptors for these yet

I e-mailed atb sales a few months ago re this and they suggested

http://www.thuleracks.com/product.asp?dept_id=8&sku=594

which is great but it is not available in the uk. I did phone thule uk about it and they said it was a US model.

so i don’t think you’ll see many mount visions on the roofs of cars i’m afraid as there doesnt seem to be a rack that fits!!

mine goes in the boot!

I have just bought a mont blanc discovery which looks promising as discussed before here

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/roof-carrier-for-a-whyte-e-120#post-111879

DickBarton

I emailed ATB Sales as well but they weren’t clued up on bike racks…so I asked about fork mount versions invalidating warranties and I’ve not heard back yet…I think (but not sure) that the Thule Velovise will work with the 15mm bolt-thru.

Will go look at that US model and the Discovery link thing…thanks.

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

I have just bought a discovery- bought it today. i will let you know if it fits securely when i try it out at the weekend.

Fork mounts don’t invalidate warranties and even if they do how are they going to know it’s been fork mounted

jamm
    Free Member

THULE FREERIDE 530 BIKE CARRIER. I had a 08 Mount Vision and had to change to this to carry the bike aroubd

shands
    Free Member

I have a MV 2008 and I bought a Thule freeride. It works very well.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Marin Mount Vision and Roof Racks (particularly Mont Blanc Barracuda)’ is closed to new replies.