Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Marin how do they measure their frame geometry?
  • bigbloke
    Free Member

Bought a 2007/08 frame used with problems…see other thread.

Now what i want to know is do Marin 2007/08 frames get measured from mid BB to top of seatpost or mid top tube?

Also top tube measurement is it mid seatpost to mid headtube?

snaps
    Free Member

Not sure, but my Large sized frame had a ’19” Large’ sticker on the front of the seat tube just above the BB.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Snaps….i had a wolfridge so know this but there is nothing there.

Any chance you could measure yours to see how they come to that measurement please 😀

snaps
    Free Member

No sorry I sold it earlier this year, but I’ve got this pic (chainring is 38T for scale)
    I’m just over 6′ & normally ride a Large/19″ frame.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Just found an old STW thread in classifieds saying its measured from mid BB to Mid toptube in 2007/08 can anyone else confirm this??

snaps
    Free Member

The gap between the top tube & the down tube under the bottle cage varies between the frame sizes.
    Also I think they stopped making that style in 2006, mine was an 05 but I had a warrenty replacement 06 swingarm.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Ok, the frame in question is a Quad Tara 2007 Attack Trail

Confused 🙁

snaps
    Free Member

If it looks like the one in my pic its 2006 or earlier.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Snaps…no it doesn’t it is from Marins 2007 range.

snaps
    Free Member

When they replaced my swingarm, ATB sales told me they stopped making them in 06 but it looks like they were still selling them in 07 Here
    Probably kept them current until they’d sold all their stock.

oldgrump08
    Free Member

I wouldn’t bother querying the size, that damage to the rear of the seat tube which wasn’t mentioned by the seller is a clincher – deffo not cable rub. Tell the seller you want a full refund or you’ll raise a dispute.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Snaps…similar frame shape but they updated the frame for 2007 prior to launching a whole new line in 2008.

Thanks for your input though.

snaps
    Free Member

I ordered one of these in November 06 & it was delivered in Feb 07

bigbloke
    Free Member

Snaps….that is their XC range, the Quad Tara range had a slight facelift around 2007 with bikes being available until 2008 when they changed over to the new style frames (orange attack trail).

The frame facelift involved some beefing up, bulges etc but basically same “shape” as earlier models. It also didn’t have the geometry adjustment via lever but only by unbolting then putting bolt through different hole and fastening.

God this sounds like a right spotters post. 😳

I only want to know if i have a medium as sold to me or a small as sticker has been removed.

snaps
    Free Member

Yes I went from AM to XC type bike back then, sold the Mount vision only to buy a larger size of the same bike in 08 & still riding it today – great bike.

As said in the other post, I’d go for a full refund & wash my hands of it.

oldgrump08
    Free Member

bigbloke – I’ve got an 08 Rift Zone frame like snaps in medium if you get rid of the other!

bigbloke
    Free Member

Have had it confirmed, Marin sizes in 2007/08 on this frame type were measured from centre of BB to centre of Toptube.

Having remeasured i have been sold a small NOT a medium!!!

granny_ring

my 15.5″ wolf ridge measured 17 or 17.5″ to top of seat tube

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Marin how do they measure their frame geometry?’ is closed to new replies.