Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Marin Attack Trail 6.8 Rear Suspension question???
  • swiftyx2
    Free Member

Hi Folks,

Hoping one of you can answer my question?,
    Due to injury I have only rode my Attack Trail 6 times since new so everything is still in A1 condition.
    The last time I rode it a mate asked if he could have a try and before he rode it he compressed the rear suspension (RS Monarch 4.2) by pushing down on the saddle, he commented on the soft feel of the shock in the first part of the travel down to where the markings are for Sag settings and then feels like his does on his Nuke Mega The shock makes a noise air/oil moving sort of sound until it reaches just before the 10% sag markings on shock and then stiffens up and feels normal.

The bike rides fab and the suspension feels fine (I am no expert). So I am not sure if its a fault with shock or is it part of suspension design?.
    Anyone out there got the same bike or know anything about the issue I have described, please let me know if its a problem.

Regards

Steve

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I have the Wolf Ridge 6.8, not quite the same bike but essentially the same suss design. I believe the bike is designed to sit a fair way into it’s travel, certainly the correct sag on my bike (Fox RP23) is between 12.5-15mm.

kendo954
    Free Member

Iv the 6.9 150 travel and does the exact same thing, been toying with changing the shock with a fox rp23 which I had on my last Marin, felt/sounded a bit nicer

PiknMix
    Free Member

I had the same bike with the 4.2 rear shock on it. I was having similar problems but ultimately mine wouldn’t hold air.

It resulted in buying a new Monarch RT3 as the parts required to fix the 4.2 are no longer available and the aircans off the other monarchs are not compatible.

That being said my bike is now amazing. Perhaps shipping it off for a service/push would help?

PJM1974
    Free Member

They’re soft in the initial portion of shock travel, but they ramp up quite sharply afterward. My answer would be “they’re all like that”, but if your rear shock is noisy then it’s probably time it went off for a service.

The Attack Trail/Wolf Ridge have the same swingarm and same rear travel (146mm), however the later models have slightly reprofiled links to counter the granny ring pedal bob and thus work better with Hammerschmidt cranks.

swiftyx2
    Free Member

Folks,

Thanks for all the replys you have put my mind at rest panic over.
    I think a few more hours riding and then get a service from TF.

Thanks again,

Steve

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Marin Attack Trail 6.8 Rear Suspension question???’ is closed to new replies.