Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • marin attack trail 07 good?? or bad??
  • catnap
    Free Member

question says it all really, are they any good, and what delights or problems can i expect?from my purchase

snaps
    Free Member

Quad link or Quad link2?

catnap
    Free Member

quad link

snaps
    Free Member

Fairly happy with mine, rides well up & downhill – bushes lasting well (lifetime warrenty anyway) Propedal helps on the climbs.

shinsplints

Matt
    Two of the lads I ride with have them.The one lad is a total ghey,the other that can ride a bit loves his & I can’t keep up with him downhill on his.
    I have a feeling you’ll love it.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

I had a rip on one down my local dh trail. I personally wasn’t overly impressed with it. I was looking for flex, and whilst it was nowhere near as bad as I’d been led to believe there was still a bit over the rough stuff. I think there are better bikes out there for the money, I’d also be wary of the complexity of the design.

rickmeister

Quad link here and its taking a real beating and still going. Once described as the Mondeo of the bike world…. Alps, Morocco, Lakes, Scotland, has coped with it all. Great aftersales by ATB, lifetime warranty on bearings. Free beard…

Upped my forks to Fox 36 Talas from 32 RLC talas and its better for it. Only change would be a inline seatpost but Speedball only comes in a layback. My next upgrade would be a E 120 frame…

nickegg
    Free Member

Any good? compared to my Orange 5 or my partners 575 , then i’d say no. I got rid of my 2007 Wolf Ridge in July last year as it just didn’t fell right! Not a very scientific explanation i know.

Too flexy in the swingarm, didn’t pedal well on flatter rough trails and heavy. Did descend pretty well but no more so than my 5.

My partner had a 2006 Rock Springs but also found it the same as mine really. She’s loving the 575 though. Thats a hell of alot lighter too.

Relatively complex and heavy linkage design is no better than the single pivot/linkage actuated single pivots on our bikes IMO.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘marin attack trail 07 good?? or bad??’ is closed to new replies.