Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Marie Colvin killed in Syria shelling.
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

The intervention being talked of was similar to Libya.

it may have escaped your notice but the UN does not do interventions of the type you want – for good reason.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Nice. Really nice.

A thread which should have been respectful of the death of two people doing a damnned fine and damned hard job in damned dangerous circumstances, all to make the world a better informed place descends in to another big hitter ARMAGEDDON! thread.

Sad really.

RIP to two brave people doing a job that few of us keyboard bound folk could even begin to understand.

And to all the rest? Hmm, well?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Yer right CFH – I shouldn’t have risen to it.

It just gets my goat when people distort what I post.

wwaswas

wwaswas your vid link is relevant to the topic but I’ve asked for it to be removed. No offence meant.

I understand and I did think twice before posting it. It said a lot to me but was on the link I posted earlier so I guess no need to shove it in peoples faces.

The usual descent into bickering is far less respectful of the lives lost, imo, and should equally well be moderated off the thread.

grum
    Free Member

binners

I’ve heard, as far as military deployment is concerned, CMD is keeping his powder dry for another potential flashpoint that might go off soon

Iran? No
    The Falklands? No

Re-invading those uppity buggers north of the border, after ‘independence’ 😀

On a serious note. Its terrible to hear about her death. There was a documentary made a few years back about war correspondents. basically, they’re all mad as badgers!!! There was a cameraman being interviewed about Beirut. There was no running water, and gunfights going on in the street outside, but they could still order Champagne and Cocaine to be delivered to their room. Which they did

grum
    Free Member

binners there was a great doc about an American war photographer – http://www.shootingrobertking.com/home.php

Basically came across as incredibly naive – almost child like. Yet somehow survived and made a career for himself.

wrecker
    Free Member

A thread which should have been respectful of the death of two people doing a damnned fine and damned hard job in damned dangerous circumstances, all to make the world a better informed place descends in to another big hitter ARMAGEDDON! thread.

Fair comments CFH, although there’s more at risk than a few journalists. 2 (brave) dead Journalists vs how many dead Syrians? How many more? The future of a great many families and even a whole country could be at stake here.
    TJ has just bent his comments to suit. Shame.

zippykona

I remember reading one of the John Simpson books and a family had been attacked by the christian militia in some hell hole. The father of the family was loading his injured family into a car to try and get help.
    All the while John Simpson is asking questions and the photographer has his head in the car taking pictures.
    At that point I wondered how you could think that asking questions is more important than trying to help.Surely its a natural human response? I doubt the piece even made the news if someone got caught shagging his secetary.

Lifer
    Free Member

wrecker – Member

Fair comments CFH, although there’s more at risk than a few journalists. 2 (brave) dead Journalists vs how many dead Syrians? How many more? The future of a great many families and even a whole country could be at stake here.
    TJ has just bent his comments to suit. Shame.

Brilliant, you were the one who came on and wilfully (I hope) misrepresented people’s position on the other thread. TJ came and clarified but you’re still not willing to try and understand.

wrecker
    Free Member

You’re talking Bollocks.

wwaswas

If we can just get over the keyboard ‘how dare you twist my words’ outrage for a moment;

Sunday Times have dropped the paywall on her final report;

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/public/news/article874796.ece

aracer
    Free Member

So now the Syrian government is saying it’s all their own fault they got killed by a shell fired by government forces, because they entered the country illegally 🙄

Death penalty for illegal immigrants anybody?

mcboo
    Free Member

And remember, no outside interference is allowed unless the Russian Politburo and the Central Committe of the Chinese Communist Party say so.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Marie Colvin killed in Syria shelling.’ is closed to new replies.