Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Maribor World Cup
  • DezB
    Free Member

Anyone watch this? I thought the Eurosport coverage was ok. Damn exciting conclusion to the DH with Gee crashing out on his way to the win, coming about 6th in the end.
    Shame Peaty punctured. Bet he was gutted.
    Oh and great win for Barel.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Yep, I did – couldn’t believe it when Peaty flatted and Gee crashed 🙁

stugus
    Free Member

I saw it, was an exciting event, really felt for gee, looked like a real nut basher of a crash too. Barel earnt that win though! Nice event!

I watched it on freecaster but couldn’t get any sound. anyone else have this problem?

pitcherpro
    Free Member

Now having sky i watched it on Eurosport and found the commentator dull ..

Still some good racing and unlucky Gee you would have taken that win !

Well done to Mr Barel for setting a fast time

RHSno2
    Free Member

It AMAZING that Barel won. Have you seen the film where he shows how much play there is in his knee? Madness. He is truly one of the greats and its great to have him back.

Sam hill crashed in practice, Peaty flatted, Gee crashed, Hannah had problems, Mr consistent (Minnar) came third and Brendog 5th. Very exciting stuff!

DezB
    Free Member

It AMAZING that Barel won

It sure is – and after hearing him on the Freecaster commentary (in the last event) it couldn’t have happened to a nicer bloke!

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Commentator is dull? I’d use harsher words than that.

At one point he was explaining how Shimano XT had been the top groupset for years now and he’s surprised SRAM havent made a good effort in the MTB world?!?!

He then spent 5 minutes explaining how one rider lifts his weight off the bike, while weighting it, front and back, but unweighting it, but keeping his centre of gravity low?!?!?!?

Didnt he also describe Gee Atherton as a local Scotsman at Fort Bill?

I dont mind bad commentators, but i’d at least like them informed on the subject they’re supposed to be commenting on. He should go back to whatever sport he usually commentates on, which i’m sure he does a sterling job of, can’t fault his enthusiasm, just he doesn’t know a lot.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Maribor World Cup’ is closed to new replies.