Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Maps/footpaths help.
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Excuse my dimness but am I right in thinking that the green dotted lines on this map, which was grabbed from the street map website are footpaths/row? I font want some random Welsh farmer with gun chasing me off his land if not.

nre
    Free Member

riklegge

Should be, but if the guy’s got a gun I’m not sure I’d stick around to argue…

nickjb
    Free Member

You need to check the definitive map at the council but if its on the os map then it probably is. Even if it wasn’t walking or cycling across a field is a very minor civil offence. Threatening someone with a gun is a big deal and a criminal offence.

Sandwich

I’m curious about the permissive cycle path starting just above the A of Dolbenmaen. Why? Where does this go other than a dead end of footpaths?

ninfan
    Free Member

That’s not a permissive cycle path – it’s an ORPA (and exactly what rights exist on an ORPA is a whole new discussion, but for the sake of brevity, yes you can ride on)

wrightyson
    Free Member

Double post.

wrightyson
    Free Member

We’re just walking on these. Not really any good for riding. Some of them seem to literally be the road up to someone’s house which is why I asked. We are in the middle of no where mind, and I can’t imagine a lot of them ever get walked. Trying to get down to the stepping stones north west of the mill then walk West back towards the cottage along the river.

towzer

FYI

pls see

http://www.rowmaps.com/showmap.php?place=Dolbenmaen&map=OS&lat=52.9644&lon=4.22475&lonew=W

in terms of ‘fact’ this (**should***) be pretty good as it is **apparently*** based on the Council definitive (legal) ROW data

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Maps/footpaths help.’ is closed to new replies.