Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Maps for Uploading onto a Garmin
  • stayhigh

Morning All

Having just treated myself to a Garmin 810 care of a recent PSA and now I find myself in need of some maps for it. My old 800 had OS maps for the whole of the UK on a micro SD card which was ace but unfortunately this was in it when I lost it and the cost to replace this is too rich for my blood 🙁

It appears that OSM is my friend for this however given the bewildering array of sites offering this I was hoping the hive mind could point me in the right direction for the most comprehensive.

TIA 🙂

mattbee

Talkytoaster.

leffeboy

Openmtbmap for off road, openvelomap for road riding

jonnyboi
    tillydog
    Free Member

Openfietsmap Lite works best for me for route planning – I also have OpenMTBMap, The full OpenFietsMap and OpenStreetMaps.

3rd option down here:

http://garmin.openstreetmap.nl/

The only one I can get elevation data from is the one built into the Garmin (Etrex) though :-/

ianfitz
    Free Member

Those Dutch ones work for me. Have used uk, Alps, French and Spanish Pyrenees so far. All been good

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

good question, just adding a comment so i can follow.

km79
    Free Member

My old 800 had OS maps for the whole of the UK on a micro SD card which was ace but unfortunately this was in it when I lost it and the cost to replace this is too rich for my blood

You could copy/download a replacement.

stayhigh

Thanks for the replies, I’ll investigate further when I’m back from my placement.

It would be great to have the OS maps again, any suggestions where I could download a replacement from please 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Maps for Uploading onto a Garmin’ is closed to new replies.