Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Mapping software used to plan rides
  • lungman

I was wondering what software people use to plan rides and scout out singletract/bridle paths before downloading them to garmins etc. I want to start exploring the local area more and this seams to be the easiest way to do it if it exists

Cheers

Jay

DavidB
    Free Member

Just started using Viewranger and very impressed so far

KonaTC

http://www.bikehike.co.uk/index.php might not suit all but I like its simplicity

scotroutes

OS Getamap.

tuffty
    Free Member

Anquet maps for me.

Ashley
    Free Member
    matt_outandabout

I have memory map.

lungman

Thanks all

composite
    Free Member

I tend to flit between OS Get a Map (because I have a subscription and can print paper maps), Bikehike cause it’s just plain old great and ridewithgps because that is what I use as my “online” store of routes and general point to upload my garmin records to.

d45yth
    Free Member

I normally use MemoryMap, only because I bought it years a go though. GPSies.com and BikeRouteToaster are both good too. Don’t be tempted by OS Getamaps low price…I paid for it and found it has too many restrictions. You don’t really need to pay for anything these days.

A lot of the online programs have peoples uploaded routes too…unless you’re planning an extra long route, most decent routes in your area will be available to download.

Scapegoat

OS getamap to scout, then Garmin Connect on satellite view to plot a trace and download to the GPS. Belt and braces with a getamap printout . Bing maps as a scouting tool is great in their “birds eye view”. mapmyride are also great for plotting traces.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Mapping software used to plan rides’ is closed to new replies.