Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Mapping on a Nokia S60
  • nickjb
    Free Member

What’s the best way to get some good mapping on my Nokia 5800? I’ve got memory map on the PC with most of the UK, can I get those maps to work?

druidh
    Free Member

Nope

Try Viewranger

Spongebob
    Free Member

Try Viewranger’s free demo app. Download it now.

The only negative with Viewranger is that route planning has to be done on the phone and I couldn’t get on with this function very well.

Viewranger is compatible with GPX files though, so you could prepare routes on Google Earth, bikely.com etc, or use earlier saved routes produced by Nokia Sports Tracker. This is an application that can be installed onto your 5800. NST is free from Nokia.com.

nickjb
    Free Member

Thanks chaps. I shall have a look at Viewranger although I was hoping not to need to buy the maps again.

joemarshall
    Free Member

It is annoying having to buy maps twice.

The viewranger national parks 1:50k is good value if you happen to ride near any National Parks. Also, you can buy just an area of your choice for £20, and you get quite a large area for that.

I’ve used http://www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php to create routes before, it has both google maps road maps (and can create routes that follow roads) and OS maps (for off road planning), all in one handy screen.

Joe

Drac

Had the chance to play with viewranger yesterday rather than just the demo, very clever and seems to work ok.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Be keen to hear how you get on as I have just got a Nokia 5800 and was wondering about off road mapping, also how do you plan on mounting it to your handlebars.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Mapping on a Nokia S60’ is closed to new replies.