Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Mapping forest paths and roads using a Fenix 3?
  • iolo
    Free Member

The Vienna woods are a great place to ride and have a few mapped routes.
    There are however much more paths, some very new, to explore.
    I would like to have them all (or at least a lot) mapped so I can create new routes.
    Is there a simple way of just tracking what I’m riding and walking daily and then placing it onto one overview map so I can create GPX routes? This way I can ride around without getting too lost (hopefully).
    The easier the better please as I’m not the most technological person.

scotroutes

Upload the tracks to Garmin Basecamp? It’s free though you might need to install some mapping. It’s likely there would be some free OSM stuff for your area.

iolo
    Free Member

Does Basecamp overlay all routes onto one map? Can it be kept as a private map?

mtbguiding
    Free Member

Get Memory Map for your area and then do it on this. You’ll have a whole bunch of ‘tracks’ in red as default, on the map. And if yo then want to draw up a ‘route’ (blue by default) you just draw over the bits of ‘track’ you want to include. It’s totally private as held on your hard drive. It’s how I do the whole country for guidebooks etc…

iolo
    Free Member

Most of the paths I want to map will not be on Memory Map. Logging tracks, small narrow tracks (more like sheep tracks than anything else) and the like.
    I just want to be able to record all the stuff I walk/run/ride on one day. Do the same somewhere different in the forest the next and so on. Then download so I get and get one big map on my computer.
    Then be able to chose the route I want to ride and upload it back to my GPS.

scotroutes

If you want it to, yes. Like this
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/rPgnXg]BC_Mid[/url] by Colin Cadden, on Flickr

It’s on your PC/Mac so it’s as private as you want it to be.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Mapping forest paths and roads using a Fenix 3?’ is closed to new replies.