Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Map of Pentlands
  • jamesks
    Free Member

I am trying to make a map of all the Pentland trails and paths on OpenStreetmap. http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=55.8818&lon=-3.2411&zoom=13&layers=B000FTF
    If you know some hidden paths or can add names, please contribut
    James

AlasdairMc

I'd personally rather the hidden paths remained hidden, otherwise they get churned up by folk riding them year round.

druidh
    Free Member

As Alasdair says.

I made a Google Earth map of over 100 miles of Pentlands tracks – mostly mapped by me, some donated – and used to share it our (on here and elsewhere). It soon became apparent that some folk weren't prepared to be responsible and avoid the softest tracks in the wettest weather. The result was that lots of them got thoroughly trashed.

I've since pulled the GE file and only share it out by email and to folk I think will use it appropriately.

13thfloormonk

Trying to find the hidden ones is half the fun! I'd have gotten bored of the Pentlands a while ago if i didn't think there were still hidden bits out there.

jamesks
    Free Member

I find the tracks that get destroyed are the obvious one, because many people do not know there are alternatives. Phantom's was not rideable over much of the winter, but unless there are alternatives then people just ride it anyway.

jamesks
    Free Member

druidh – I found many of the tracks based on your map a few years ago, but since discovered many more. It seems a shame that most people stick to just a few tracks- James

scottyjohn
    Free Member

Druidh,
    Any chance of a look at the GE file? I havent a clue where to start t the Pentlands, and dont really have the fitness to join other rides at the mo. My mail is in my profile….. Cheers

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Map of Pentlands’ is closed to new replies.