Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Manx GP
  • gastromonkey
    Free Member

We’re going to the Isle of Man for the day on Monday to watch the Manx GP. We’re going as foot passengers on the ferry from Heysham.

Has anyone else been? Where is good to go (we don’t have any transport)? Any pub / food recommendations would also be good.

keithd
    Free Member

Been a few times and although a tiring day its brilliant. Last time we watched from the petrol station at the top of Bray hill just after the start line which is pretty good. we also went into the churchyard across the bridge from there which has toilets and food n drink.
    The bottom of Bray Hill is awesome but does get busy.
    Enjoy your day-very jealous!

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

We were over there for 4 days at the TT the other month,we went as foot passengers & took pushbikes,enjoyed it so much I’m going back next year.
    If your on foot I’d say the outside of Quarter Bridge,it’s only a couple of miles from the start.There’s a pub at Quarter Bridge but if you go past the pub,staying on the outside of the track there’s the old Quarter Bridge station, I paid £5 & watched the races from there. They also do basic food & say that the money goes to the TT riders association.
    You get this close from that point,without being elbow to elbow with everyone

You could also watch from the bottom of Bray Hill,but it’s a lot more crowded,
    HTH

gastromonkey
    Free Member

thanks for the info. We watched from the Grandstad for most of the day then watched the last race (newcomers) at the bottom of Bray Hill.

It was a great day out for not much money (£90 each return ferry with a cabin). The older bikes are fantastic to watch and the riders still push them hard.

We going back next year.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Manx GP’ is closed to new replies.