Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Manx End 2 End
  • gastromonkey
    Free Member

I’ve never done an event like this but I fancy a new challenge in 2017. But as a newby I have a couple of questions.

What type of bike should I use? I currently have Norco Sight but I’m happy to get something more suitable because I plan to do other similar events.

Is the End 2 End a good event for a first-timer?

velomanic
    Free Member

I’d say it was a good event for a first-timer as there’s a bit of everything but nothing too extreme.

I’ve done it a few times and used a 29er hardtail (Whyte 29-C) which works well as the first 10(ish) miles (Point of Ayre to Ballaugh) are on the road and there’s a fair bit of fast open trails and plenty of climbing.

The course changes a bit each year (depending on the cooperation of land owners) but it’s usually just over 40 miles in total and you’ll be cheered on all the way to the beach-front finish in Port Erin by enthusiastic spectators 🙂

gastromonkey
    Free Member

Thanks for the info Velomanic.

scotroutes

A great “first” event. As above, a nice 29er hardtail would like be the best option but there will be folk out enjoying it on all sorts. I love the way the islanders all get together to support it too.

theotherjonv

Haven’t done it myself but know a few who have, and while it’s ‘only’ 40 miles it’s a tough 40 miles.

allthegear
    Free Member

Road section at the start so pumped up tyres to let down a bit later

Rachel (still has her buff)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Manx End 2 End’ is closed to new replies.