Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Manx e2e…who's in?
  • sefton
    Free Member

This will be my first time!

scotroutes

I did it a couple of years ago. I had a great weekend on the IoM meeting mates and visiting places. As an event I found the E2E a bit underwhelming. It was sociable enough during those long uphill pushes surrounded by hundreds of other riders and it was great to get support from all the crowds in the villages along the way but the narrow lanes and torn-up field margins made the actual riding unenjoyable.

I’d go back for a good Sportive round the TT circuit though!!!

sefton
    Free Member

manxe2e, the peaks & cx season will make September a serious month of racing 😯

scud
    Free Member

I’m in with a group of 4-5 of us going over.

I did it last year (slowly)and found it a real challenge, it was annoying in places having to get off, but this wasn’t down to the organisers, it was people stopping on the hills and refusing to move to one side and blocking the climbs.

I think that it is by far the best event for support as well, all the locals in the towns you pass through come out to cheer and it really keeps you going.

Shred
    Free Member

TT Sportive

I’m in, but I’m local. This will be my 6th and I’m hoping to have an even better time than I did last year.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Done it 3 times with 3 gold time finishes.

I don’t need to go back.

Great event it the weathers kind and you time the ferries right

cynic-al
    Free Member

Thinking aboit it…

jekkyl

Great atmosphere going over on the ferry from pool, virtually the whole of car deck is stuffed with mountain bikes. Everyone out drinking after the event, it’s all good. Some of the climbs are killers though, I shudder remembering that last one. I’m not going this year, have fun.

gsp1984
    Free Member

weather was horrible last year, full on head wind for the whole day.

Couple of pinch points too, much debate over whether it was poor organisation or poor riding that wa causing it.

boltonjon

Originally from the IOM but have traveled back for the last 2 events

Looking forward to this year again.

True, the course is a bit rubbish, and if you get caught out on a bit of singlestrack, then you’ll be travelling down it at a rodies ‘one and only MTB ride of the year’ pace – but if you get it right, its bloody good fun flying past everyone

The atmosphere is great, the local support is amazing, the climbs brutal and the finish is the biggest relief i’ve ever known

I’ve ‘just’ missed out on gold in the last 2 events, so intend to fix that this year

The looks on Scud’s face as he crossed the finish line last year was brilliant, as was being told the man on the fatbike (Johntheclimber) was riding his bike 15 miles back to the hotel after the race!

Nutter!

Great event and well worth doing – but its tougher than you’ll ever imagine

There are only a few places left – so be quick!

JohnClimber
    Free Member

The looks on Scud’s face as he crossed the finish line last year was brilliant, as was being told the man on the fatbike (Johntheclimber) was riding his bike 15 miles back to the hotel after the race!

I rode 20 miles to the start of the event as well 😉

This shot was taken on route to my 59th place

All 1150 finishing riders from 2012
    http://www.manxtimingsolutions.com/DynamicResults/OverallType2.aspx

boltonjon

As i said “NUTTER”

robarnold
    Free Member

Not fancy doing it on a tandem penny farthing or something similar this year Jonclimber?

I’m in for this year as usual, this will be my 10th start. Can’t see me bettering my 3hrs 32mins time of 2009 for a while. Looking forward to pleasing the photographers on the way down to Brandywell though 😀

Hoping to lose a bit of timber for this year too 🙂

STATO
    Free Member

None of you seen this then?

MANX 100

boltonjon

Great photo Rob!

Thinking about the Manx 100. Looks brutal, but could be the challenge of a lifetime

brickwizard
    Free Member

Yeh I’m in too. 16 of us from Scottish Borders doing it for first time!
    What have we let ourselves in for………

robarnold
    Free Member

Have booked the weekend off for the Manx 100 too, can see myself just doing the 100k version though, it’ll be a tough enough challenge.

Just hope the snow’s gone by then 😀

velomanic
    Free Member

Got my entry in (this’ll be my third E2E) & looking forward to it.

Luckily, my house is a 3 minute freewheel from the finish line!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Manx e2e…who's in?’ is closed to new replies.