Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Manx 100?
  • wors

Did anyone do it this year? Fancy doing a mtb marathon, worth the trip if its on next year?

Kahurangi

Did it last year (well, the 100 km), it was fun. I’m not much of an XC racer any more so not exactly the target market.

As far as BW and doubletrack bashing goes, it was a good and interesting ride. Hilarious to see the XC also-rans walking down anything remotely fun.

Fun weekend but wouldn’t do it again.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Friend + friends of friend went this year, 2x on MX/Enduro bikes, one to do the MTB event. TBH the motorbikes looked like they had the more fun!

redmist
    Free Member

I did the 100 mile last year and it was a great, but very hard day out. I grew up there so a lot was familiar ground to me but still loved the experience of criss crossing the island with great views, scenery and friendly support. A real mix of terrain and almost entirely ridable route so the fact that no one has finished the 100 mile in less than 10 hours should tell you how tough it is. I had other things to do this year but I’ll probably be back to have another go at some point.

padkinson
    Free Member

Friend + friends of friend went this year, 2x on MX/Enduro bikes, one to do the MTB event.

From Derby by any chance?

I did the 100km national champs race this year, proper good (but brutally hard) day out. Nothing particularly technical, very similar to peak district doubletrack but on an island. Lots of nasty ruts though. It’s not somewhere I’d go again to ride for fun particularly, but it was a really fun event with a feeling of being on a proper ‘out there’ adventure that you don’t often get in the UK.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Manx 100?’ is closed to new replies.